Port Orleans French Quarter

catne

We've never stayed at POFQ,so have a couple of questions...first, is it all outside access to the rooms (looks like it on pictures I've seen, but wondered if all rooms are that way?) And, is there any elevators or do you have to haul your luggage up those steps? Also, what's the best buildings to go for to be close to the pool? Or to be close to the bus stop? Thanks...

santa's surpriz

We stayed there in December 2007, and I do not think I would choose another moderate going forward. It is awesome! It all outdoor access to the rooms both stairs and elevators...and a bellhop service so you will not have to carry luggage anywhere! They will also come for check out and help you then as well.

Port Orleans is a great place to stay little walking no matter which building you stay in when you compare it to other mods that tend to be very spread out.

As far as the actual boat ride to DTD it will take appx. 15 minutes. If you have a reservation at DTD be sure to factor in wait time. We must have just missed a boat bc we waited appx. 20 minutes for the boat to arrive at the dock.

Upvote 0

donvincenzo

I'd have to second that about POFQ being great, the best of the moderates. As the previous poster mentioned all the rooms do require walking outside to your room but the resort is so small compared to all the other moderates that walking is no problem. My mother doesn't do well walking for long stretches and she had no problem going back and forth from the lobby to the room.

Here's a map of the resort:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/port-french.htm

Buildings 2 and 5 are on the left and right of the pool if you want that. Buildings 3 and 4 are closest to the lobby so would also be closest to the bus stop. But like I said, if you can't get a specific building it isn't a big deal. Now if you were at Riverside, that would be another story.....

As far as hauling luggage, remember if you take Disney's Magical Express they pick up your luggage at the airport and bring them to your room for you....

Upvote 0

WickedQueen22

We stayed on the 3rd floor with 2 children and had to lug the stroller too. It wasn't a hassle at all! The elevators made is easy. We stayed in I think it was building 7 and loved it. Not a far walk to anywhere but nice and quite. It was actually easier to get to the bus stop also. We went behind our building and took the sidewalk to come up behind the bus stop. The water taxi was maybe 10-15 minutes and very relaxing. One of the reasons we will probably only stay there from now on. (unless the budget allows the wilderness lodge lol)

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

POFQ is supposed to be the best moderate. Its smaller than the others and therefore easier yo get around. According to The Unofficial Guide, walking time from the furthest rooms to the buses / front of resort is only 7 - 10 mins

Upvote 0

celticdog

Check out the map at Allears: http://allearsnet.com/acc/portorleansmap.jpg

Check out the many photos there as well: http://allearsnet.com/acc/g_po.htm

There are no inside corridors, however this is a small compact resort. Walking is easy.
Building 2 and 5 are good locations for the pool and the bus stop. We stayed in building 1 to be more secluded.
There are elevators in all the buildings.
The boat ride to DTD will take about 15-20 minutes.

Upvote 0

catne

Original Poster
I love this board!

You people are awesome...it is so great to know my questions can be answered, accurately & quickly, by fellow Disneyites! Thank you so much.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom