Port Orleans French Quarter

bgoebel

My families last trip was in June of 2007. We are currently planning on next trip for Dec. 11-15th of 2008:xmas:. We have reservations for Port Orleans French Quarter (we like the moderate resorts). Does any one have tips on this resort, specifically, what buildings are the best to ask for (I plan to call this week to ask for placement in a building). I've read in the Unofficial guide to WDW that building 2 or 5 is the best due to proximity of registration bldg. and pool. Thoughts??? Thanks, I love this forum!

Chape19714

For French Quarter, it really doesn't matter what building you are in, because the resort is not too large. It's only about 1,000 rooms, about half the size of the all-stars. Nothing is too far away.

Upvote 0

RachelP6877

i dont remember the # we stayed at but is was right next to the pool and reight by the ferry boat stop to DD a very short walk to bus and food ....perfect have fun .....i leave today:sohappy::sohappy:

Upvote 0

luvmykids

We liked Magnolia Bend. Unlike many of the others, it has an elevator (especially inportant if you have small kids). It is also close to everything and has it's own small pool. I really don't think you can be too far from anything at FQ, unlike Carribbean which is so spread out. We just went there in Sept, and loved it so mcuh we are staying agin in May.

Enjoy!!

Upvote 0
We have stayed at POFQ and we usually have been placed in the buildings the furthest away. This gives us a great chance to looking at the scenery and the detailing put into the resort.

Upvote 0

bgoebel

Original Poster
Thanks so much for the responses already. Glad to hear it's a smaller in overall size.. Caribbean Beach is very spread out. I have 2 young children (4 and 2 -they'll be 5 and 2 when we travel) so that'll make it easier. Anyone know if they will honor requests to be on 1st floor???

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
The standard response is they'll try to honour requests, but there are no guarantees.

In my experience, they're fairly good for giving you what you've requested.

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

With regards to the best building - it depends what you want. Nearest the reception and dining, nearest the pool or the best views (of the river).

Check in The Unofficial Guide and look at the POFQ map and decide what you want from there

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

We liked Magnolia Bend. Unlike many of the others, it has an elevator (especially inportant if you have small kids). It is also close to everything and has it's own small pool. I really don't think you can be too far from anything at FQ, unlike Carribbean which is so spread out. We just went there in Sept, and loved it so mcuh we are staying agin in May.

Enjoy!!
I'm sorry, but you're talking about POR and the OP is talking about POFQ.

Magnolia Bend is at Port Orleans Riverside. Also, there is only the one main pool at POFQ.

Upvote 0

PeoplemoverTTA

In October we stayed in the first building next to the arcade and gift shop (I can't remember the number - sorry :eek:). It was great because we were super close to the pool (although as other people mentioned, every building is close to the pool) and the gift shop/food court. The short distance was helpful for my grandma, though, who has major back problems and can't walk very far (she used a scooter in the parks).

Back in 2005, my sister and I were in a building close to the boat to DTD. I don't remember thinking it was far at all. Really, unless you need special accommodations like my grandma, I don't think you would notice too much of a difference at all.

Frankly, after doing the "endless walk" to the back buildings in All-Stars for years (I'm sorry, after 12+ hours in a theme park, that walk is brutal!), upgrading to POFQ was a great treat. Everything really is close. The pool is awesome (my mom, who is 50, and I went on the slide - and yes, it was fun :D), I love beignet's (although I do have an embarrassing story about them...someday maybe I'll share it. I'll give a hint, I almost had to go to the emergency room :eek:), and the ambiance is second to none compared to any WDW resort, IMO (I've stayed at all the value resorts, CBR, POFQ, Contemporary, Yacht Club, Wilderness Lodge, OKW, and Poly, and POFQ is my favorite).

I'd love to see the resort during the holidays. After you get back, you'll have to post your pics!

Have fun :)

Upvote 0

dmperry134

I have stopped at both French Quarter and Port Orleans Riverside, and Riverside in our opinion is the the better themed resort and has the better restaurants. Also the bar has Bob jackson the mad pianist who plays approx 4 times a week, he is a real hoot. He will have you clapping and stamping your feet.
You also book boat rentals, ride in the horse drawn carriage, all from Riverside.

Have a good time.

regards
Dave

Upvote 0

WickedQueen22

We stayed in 7 and it was the furthest out but we loved it. Nice and quiet! We had a 1yr old and a 6 yr old with us on the trip and it was never a problem. Have fun!

Upvote 0

miles1

We've always taken the Unofficial Guide's advice and stayed in Building 2 or 5 three times and have never been disappointed. The nice things about the resort are that it's not terribly spread out, and the views from nearly all the rooms are quite nice; even those that face the parking areas have nice courtyards. DD, age 7, loves watching the bunnies run around the grounds. You really can't go wrong there.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom