Port Orleans French Quarter-Get me MORE excited!!!

Dutch Inn '76

$100 room? No chance you find any resort/vacation destination at that price point and with the same amenities (gotta compare apples to apples, not just the room). But, I do agree that $250+ per night is high.

I'm talking about the room. Not the resort - not the landscaping - not the pool. The room is about the equivalent of a Red Roof Inn; and they're charging Westin prices for it. I understand that this is a WDW "resort," but for that kind of money, they could make the room a bit nicer.

stratman50th

You didn't say when you were going, or have you been? Be interested in what you thought.
Of all our trips, we have stayed at POFQ the most, approx. 12 or so times. We liked it because it was small. We always requested the building right next to the food court (#4) and a garden view (parking lot) Ha! I unload the car myself, it's just easier. You are right next to the food court. The bust stop is only about 50 yards or so away, which you access from the back of the stop. We have paid extra for the "water view" and in our opinion it was a waste of money, but that's personal preference of course. You are only about 75 yards from the pool. As said before, the rooms are nothing special except they have a Disney decor but for some that's enough.
We stay at the campground now but always enjoyed POFQ.

Tinkerbella16

We LOVE POFQ! We are booked for Sept 14-22nd. When we stayed at POR in November, we walked over to POFQ and we regretted not booking FQ instead... so we knew we wanted to go back to FQ when we booked this years trip. We love how small it is, yet still quiet and relaxing. The rooms have been refurbished and the food court is better than it was since the last time I stayed there (2014). No matter where your room is, you are close to everything, which is a HUGE plus compared to POR. Having only 1 bus stop is great as well... the buses at Riverside were horrendous in November and we took the minnie vans more than we thought we would because of it. I cannot wait to go back to POFQ - oh and the Mickey beignets are DELICIOUS!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom