Port Orleans French Quarter Done!

OliveMcFly

I read this on wdwcentral.com.

Disney To Reopen Port Orleans French Quarter Resort
From Local6 :

The Walt Disney World Resort announced Friday that the multimillion dollar renovation of Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter Resort is complete.

The opening will create more than 200 job openings at French Quarter for a variety of positions including housekeeping, recreation and the front desk.

The resort is scheduled to reopen on March 21 and Disney has started taking reservations for the resort.

French Quarter closed on May 4, 2003, as part of a complete room renovation for Disney’s Port Orleans Resort. The freshly renovated rooms have all new furniture, new carpeting, new wall coverings and remodeled bathrooms.

French Quarter opened in May, 1991 and has 1,008 rooms.

I hope this wasn't already on here. I can't wait to go back. I loved it as FQ.

surfsupdon

If it was nearly as all expansive and inclusive as the Caribbean Beach revamp a few years back, then Port Orleans should be even better than before. They did a super job at CB, especially in remodeling the rooms.

I'm curious to know if they have a slideable curtain installed to separate the vanity back area from the front/bed area. That addition to the CB rooms was great and allows for not always changing in the cramped, wet bathroom.

Upvote 0

atownsend

Re: Re: Port Orleans French Quarter Done!

Originally posted by CAPTAIN HOOK
Does anyone know how it has changed ? Anyone got any piccies ?
I love POFQ

I worked for the Plumbing company that did most of the plumbing part of the renovation. A few things changed that I know for certain are.

1) new room number plaques.
2) new paint on the inside of the rooms. outside was not done at that time but certainly needed it.
3) new beds
4) new tile in bathroom and lavatory area new carpet in the rest
5) new toilet and seat
6) new faucets for lavatories but the old lavs were reused with the exception of the 100 or so broken or chipped in need of replacement.
7)dresser and hutch that contained the TV are gone and the new TV sits ontop of the new dresser.
8) off the and of the tub area was a flat bench made of tile that looked really bad in some of the more heavily used rooms. that is now marble.
9) new hair driers
10) new marble shelf over lavatory area.

I was only on this job for a month I'm sure there is more.

Upvote 0

RogueHabit

Right now you can book for FQ in Disneyworld.com, but not on Disneyworld.co.uk...

I guess they take a little longer to update their bookings system. :(

Upvote 0

Tom

Beta Return
Originally posted by DisneyGrl85
I read this on wdwcentral.com.

Disney To Reopen Port Orleans French Quarter Resort
From Local6 :

The Walt Disney World Resort announced Friday that the multimillion dollar renovation of Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter Resort is complete.

The opening will create more than 200 job openings at French Quarter for a variety of positions including housekeeping, recreation and the front desk.

The resort is scheduled to reopen on March 21 and Disney has started taking reservations for the resort.

French Quarter closed on May 4, 2003, as part of a complete room renovation for Disney’s Port Orleans Resort. The freshly renovated rooms have all new furniture, new carpeting, new wall coverings and remodeled bathrooms.

French Quarter opened in May, 1991 and has 1,008 rooms.

I hope this wasn't already on here. I can't wait to go back. I loved it as FQ.

Does this mean that they're going to move over to Riverside now? We just booked for June and had no trouble getting a mansion. Any idea?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom