Port Orleans FQ - Buses

Skibum1970

Original Poster
How much wait time or crowded do the POFQ buses get? Are they swamped or not too bad? I read that, during slow times, the buses are shared with Riverside which can add 15 minutes onto the trip.

jaklgreen

We have stayed at POFQ many times. You can get good or bad bus service at any resort. The nice thing about POFQ is that it is a smaller resort so there are fewer people trying to get on the bus. Of course the busy times of the day they are all packed. They do average about every 20 minutes just like Disney says. Yes sometimes they do share with POR. But I really do not think it is that big of a deal. If you are counting down your vacation by the minute then you might want to rent a car. We go in with the attitude that we are not going to let the little things(like waiting for a bus) stress us out. Give yourself plenty of time if you have a reservation, but other then that the bus will come when it comes. Nothing you can do about it, and getting agitated does not make for a happy family vacation.

Skibum1970

Original Poster
I completely agree. I've stayed at Wilderness Lodge and sometimes the wait in a few minutes or as much 25. No guarantees. I just wondered if it terrible or navigable.

WDWBusDriver

The buses are dispatched to allow an approximate waiting time of 20 minutes. Yes they will combine resorts when crowds are low, but it often does not increase wait times because most loading areas are empty. And if you have a reservation and you might be late, let the bus driver know, they can call ahead to the restaurant and let them know to hold your table longer until you arrive.

Skibum1970

Original Poster
I used the bus system many times, and yes sometimes it is a long wait, but I would rather let them do the driving. The roads around Disney can be really confusing.

I rented a car the last time and had to be careful because of this very reason. I also found it interesting about how long it takes to get from the front of WDW to the Contemporary Lodge.

JIMINYCR

POFQ bus service has definitely improved the past few years. I think last trip we were inconvenienced by an excessive wait only twice in 2 weeks. Heavily crowded seasons will put more of a strain on the service, and waiting for a bus when youre anxiousto get to or from a park makes it seem much longer. I always have something with me to do to distract my attention from the minutes.

Driver

The buses are dispatched to allow an approximate waiting time of 20 minutes. Yes they will combine resorts when crowds are low, but it often does not increase wait times because most loading areas are empty. And if you have a reservation and you might be late, let the bus driver know, they can call ahead to the restaurant and let them know to hold your table longer until you arrive.
Bus driver calls ahead for you ????

jaklgreen

POFQ bus service has definitely improved the past few years. I think last trip we were inconvenienced by an excessive wait only twice in 2 weeks. Heavily crowded seasons will put more of a strain on the service, and waiting for a bus when youre anxiousto get to or from a park makes it seem much longer. I always have something with me to do to distract my attention from the minutes.

It is so true that it seems so much longer then what you are actually waiting. I have been at a bus stop and a family will walk up and less then 10 minutes they are complaining about how they have been waiting for almost a half an hour. LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom