Port Orleans: Alligator Bayou, Magnolia Terrace, or FQ?

fanofwdw

Dear Disney-o-philes:

Need some help from those who have stayed at PO. I have (I believe) finally decided to stay at PO...I was going to stay at the Polynesian, but I can't swing it $$$ this year, so I was looking at ASM, but I'm very inclinded to go PO based on everything I read. So, two questions:

1. Which area do you prefer and why? (AB, MT, or FQ)
1a. Which pool is better (Dubloon Lagoon or Old Man's Island)?
2. Which building and room preferences do you recommend?

Thanks!

fanofwdw

Original Poster
Forgot

I forgot to add that we will be travelling with our 8-yr. old daughter.

We're also staying Sept. 6-14, 2002. 8 full days, yeah!

Upvote 0

DanStat

I liked the Alligator Byau. I can't remember our rooms, but they were towards the back...I would suggest anything around the outer rim...the walking paths are soo peaceful! Very...romantic...ok!

Dubloom Lagoon is the best pool. Enjoy! PO-R is a great resort!

BTW...next time, instead of the Poly, I would personally suggest AKL! But, have fun at the PO-R!

Upvote 0

WDWManic

Originally posted by disneyprep50321
I liked the Alligator Byau. I can't remember our rooms, but they were towards the back...I would suggest anything around the outer rim...the walking paths are soo peaceful! Very...romantic...ok!

Dubloom Lagoon is the best pool. Enjoy! PO-R is a great resort!

BTW...next time, instead of the Poly, I would personally suggest AKL! But, have fun at the PO-R!
Yup you are exactly right about were to stay.

Upvote 0

Thrawn

Account Suspended
I would say Alligator Bayou and request building 14. It's the closest to everything.

As for the pool... I prefer Ole' Man Island.

But yes, since they are sister resorts, you can swim at both pools while staying at either half of the resort.

Upvote 0

markymark

We have stayed at both AB and Magnolia Bend, and in my opinion, Magnolia Bend is the better of the two. AB is all very nice and rustic, I just prefered the Magnolia Bend rooms and location.

Upvote 0

jutz53

WE HAVE STAYED AT POR FOR THE PAST FIVE YEARS. WE STAYED IN THE MANSIONS TWICE (THE ROOMS ARE BRIGHTER AND MORE THE FEEL OF SOUTHERN ELEGANCE), AND WE STAYED IN THE BAYOU THE OTHER THREE YEARS. THE BAYOU IS MORE RUSTIC AND THE LANDSCAPE IS UNBELIEVABLE. IT IS QUIET AND PRETTY. I LOVE THE MANSION ROOMS, HOWEVER, WE WILL ONLY STAY IN THE BAYOU. BUILDING #14 IS GREAT AND SO IS BUILDING #28. THIS YEAR WE WERE IN BUILDING #36 AND HAD A POOL RIGHT OUTSIDE THE ROOM IT WAS FANTASTIC. OLE MAN ISLAND IS GREAT, LOVE THE HOT TUB, BUT THE QUIET POOLS ARE GREAT ANYTIME OF THE DAY ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE A POOL VIEW.:wave:

Upvote 0

SnowWhite5669

I love PO Riverside any of the Mansions. We have stayed at Magnolia twice and Alligator Bayou once. The corner rooms in the mansions are wonderful you get two full windows. We love the swimming hole and it's so quite. You have a lot to do at the resort, you can rent bikes and boats, etc. You can take the River Boat to Downtown Disney and it is close to all the parks. We have friends who prefer The French Quarter because of the pool and the size of it. So I think next time it will be French Quarter. You really can't go wrong staying at Port Orleans. The Food Court is excellent for breakfast. Have a blast!!!:)

Upvote 0

SykedOwt

Aligator Bayou, And You can really swim at any pool you want, I'm sure if you wanted to you would beable to sneak over to any resort you wanted on a bus.

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I'm sure if you wanted to you would beable to sneak over to any resort you wanted on a bus.
oh oh not the old pool hopping debate.......

I agree with the general consensus, aligator Bayou, a block near the main building and a water view. the quiet pools are a godsend at around midnight/park closing.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom