POR late checkout? Our flight is at 10pm

mountainmom

Can you get a late checkout? We are using the magical express and flying Southwest. So if we can't get a late check out what do we do with our luggage? Do we have to keep it with us all day? If so then we might as well change our flight to a morning one. We were planning on doing one of the parks on our last day. Then I started thinking if we have to checkout at 11 am then what do we do with all of our stuff? Plus I thought our 3 year old could get a nap in that day as well. Does that mean we would have to pay for another day?

m star

You can easily check your bags at POR when you check out in the morning. Then you can go off to the parks for the day. In the evening, you can come back to the hotel, collect your bags, and go off to the airport. We do this all the time.

Upvote 0

kachow

As far as I know, if you wanted to use the room past 11am you would have to pay for another day. We were just at WDW last week and our flight wasn't until 7pm, so we just left our bags with the bellhop and went to the parks until we had to head back to the hotel and catch our ME bus.

Upvote 0

kasey1988

Keep your flight at the same time and leave your luggage with the hotel and enjoy your last day int he parks! When your ready to return to the hotel they will have your lugage for you and you can still grab a bite to eat and jump on DME to head home!

ps: If your checking your luggage at the hotel make sure to give yourself some time, there was a huge line when we were there in may. (that was in the morning though, not sure if it makes a diffrence)

Upvote 0

Lucky

They will usually give you an extra hour (12:00 checkout instead of 11:00 AM) if you ask. But I don't think that will help you much for getting your 3 year old an afternoon nap. Perhaps lounge chairs at the pool would work if the weather is nice. Or sitting in one of the quieter, less stimulating attractions for a while (Carousel of Progress?).

Upvote 0

Ella's Mommy

They do not offer late check out. I have tried that one before. You have to pay for an additional day. It sounds like a pain to have to pay for another day but it helped us out acouple of times. I had scheduled a couple of late flight in the past years and let me tell you it feels good to know you can go back to the room to relax. We would go to the parks early spend a good part of the day there, then bring dinner back to the room and rest before we had to head to the airport. I dont know if that would work for you, because we always rent a car(s) and hvae never taken the Magical Express. Hope this helps!! I will be at POR in 51 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

Nemo14

They will usually give you an extra hour (12:00 checkout instead of 11:00 AM) if you ask. But I don't think that will help you much for getting your 3 year old an afternoon nap. Perhaps lounge chairs at the pool would work if the weather is nice. Or sitting in one of the quieter, less stimulating attractions for a while (Carousel of Progress?).
I have to agree with you there - find a quiet place for your toddler's nap, or pay for an extra day. CoP is good for that, or TTA (they'll usually let you just stay on and ride around) or even ride the monorail for a while ( the Epcot one will give him a longer uninterrupted ride). If your little one's tired enough, he'll knock out for a while, and you can realx a bit too.

Upvote 0

scottnj1966

An hour is all you might be able to get from them. Anything more will be a full day to pay for but you would not be able to do that either since the room will probably be taken by another guest.

You can leave all your lugguage with the hotel. they have a place for them that is secured.

Just go paly in the parks one last day, if you are out of tickets just go ride the monorail (or the resort boats) and visit those resorts. Plenty to see and you can get a nice dinner too.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

Enough people have already told you, Disney allows you to check your bags the day of your checkout, and you can pick them up when you're ready to head out that day. So don't worry about that.

As far as a place for a kid (OR an adult) to take a nap is concerned, in the MK, there's a Kodak pavilion right next to the entrance, before you even start heading down Main Street (next to Tony's Town Square resturant). In the back, there's a scaled-down theater that plays Disney cartoons. There's also some cutouts of classic Disney animation in the back you can use as a photo oppotunity (for example, you can make it look like you're in the TV the 101 Dalmations are watching). The lighting is dim but not dark. The soundtrack is not too loud. As long as there aren't other loud people in there with you, it's a great place to relax, watch some cartoons, or nap. I've never seen it so busy that you can't find a seat, and I've never been asked to leave because I dozed off.

Otherwise, every resort has plenty of lounging areas, and I doubt anyone would complain if you sat quietly with your child while he napped. Whatever park you go to, once he starts getting cranky, head to one of the nearest resorts. One of you can get some coffee and snacks while the other sits with the kid. I'd also suggest going to the Animal Kingdom Lodge. There are areas where you can view the animals they keep in their private savannahs, and the decor is actually very soothing.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom