POR in February?

abeachchick

hi
Original Poster
I'm trying to decide if I should spend the extra money and bump up to a moderate on my next trip in Feb.

I have a few questions about POR:

How far is the walk between the main bldg at POR and the main bldg at POFQ?

What is the bar situation at each (POR and POFQ)?

What would be the best building to request in your opinion at POR? I like to be relatively close to the main bldg, but don't like to be around the pool area.(I don't need a preferred room or care about the view)

How often do the boats run to DTD?

Thanks for any info! :happy:

real mad hatter

Ok...The walk along by the Sassagoula river is about 10 to 15 mins...Both bars are good..I have only stayed at the mansion blds...Last year we stayed at Magnolia..However check out the unofficial web site for Port Orleans, it gives you a map of the buildings and the main building..As far as the boats,if memory serves me right it's every 20 to 30 mins...;)

abeachchick

hi
Original Poster
Ok...The walk along by the Sassagoula river is about 10 to 15 mins...Both bars are good..I have only stayed at the mansion blds...Last year we stayed at Magnolia..However check out the unofficial web site for Port Orleans, it gives you a map of the buildings and the main building..As far as the boats,if memory serves me right it's every 20 to 30 mins...;)

Great! Thank u! :)

NiarrNDisney

I'm trying to decide if I should spend the extra money and bump up to a moderate on my next trip in Feb.

I have a few questions about POR:

What is the bar situation at each (POR and POFQ)?

How often do the boats run to DTD?

Thanks for any info! :happy:

Hello my friend! :D

I believe the boats launch about every 15 min. depending on the weather. As for the bars POR's River Roost is a nice place to get a drink and Yehaa Bob is a great on the weekends when you are looking for a little music.
POFQ's Scat Cats is an awesome southern feel kinda bar with live Jazz on certain days performed by Elliot Dyson's band.

If you not feeling that you might want to try CSR which has a club (RIX Lounge), a pool bar (Siesta's) and the hotel bar (Laguna Lounge) which is along the lake and has great seating and beautiful views.

Tinkerbella16

POR and POFQ are my favorite resorts that I have stayed in to date! All of the Riverside buildings that are close to the main building are in Alligator Bayou and are preferred. We were in building #24 last time we stayed there and it was SO FAR! The only good thing about it was that our room was literally right by the West Depot bus stop. You should definitely look at the map of the resort so you can judge for yourself.

As far as the pool.. this is one great thing about this resort. The main pool (Ol' Mans Island) is on its own little island so it is not really near the rooms. I love that about the pool. You just walk over a nice bridge and there it is, secluded.

We love the bar/lounge at Riverside (River Roost) much more than Scat Cats at FQ. Gotta love the entertainment in the evenings. It is really so much fun!

I honestly think that the extra cost from the values to these 2 moderates is so worth it. It is not a huge difference like the mods to deluxe resorts are. Port Orleans really does feel like mino-deluxe resorts without paying a ton of money.

abeachchick

hi
Original Poster
Hello my friend! :D

I believe the boats launch about every 15 min. depending on the weather. As for the bars POR's River Roost is a nice place to get a drink and Yehaa Bob is a great on the weekends when you are looking for a little music.
POFQ's Scat Cats is an awesome southern feel kinda bar with live Jazz on certain days performed by Elliot Dyson's band.

If you not feeling that you might want to try CSR which has a club (RIX Lounge), a pool bar (Siesta's) and the hotel bar (Laguna Lounge) which is along the lake and has great seating and beautiful views.

Thank you. Miss you guys! ;)

I have also thought about CSR since you told me how much you like it. I think my next two trips are definitely going to be at POR and CSR...it's just a matter of deciding which one to do first.

Also, the bars with evening entertainment sound great, but since I will be solo, I am more interested in the casual or pool bars. Laguna Lounge and Siesta's sound great. :cool:

I think you guys need to plan a trip for February so you can show me around!! lol :D

abeachchick

hi
Original Poster
POR and POFQ are my favorite resorts that I have stayed in to date! All of the Riverside buildings that are close to the main building are in Alligator Bayou and are preferred. We were in building #24 last time we stayed there and it was SO FAR! The only good thing about it was that our room was literally right by the West Depot bus stop. You should definitely look at the map of the resort so you can judge for yourself.

As far as the pool.. this is one great thing about this resort. The main pool (Ol' Mans Island) is on its own little island so it is not really near the rooms. I love that about the pool. You just walk over a nice bridge and there it is, secluded.

We love the bar/lounge at Riverside (River Roost) much more than Scat Cats at FQ. Gotta love the entertainment in the evenings. It is really so much fun!

I honestly think that the extra cost from the values to these 2 moderates is so worth it. It is not a huge difference like the mods to deluxe resorts are. Port Orleans really does feel like mino-deluxe resorts without paying a ton of money.

Thank you. The pool area at POR sounds great! I stayed at POFQ when I was a lot younger but I don't remember it in detail. What is the pool bar like at POFQ?
The reason I am considering POR over POFQ is that POR is eligible for the discount that comes out on Tuesday but I believe POFQ is excluded (from RO not package). If I do stay at POR I'm sure I will spend a good amount of time at POFQ too.

Thanks for your help :happy:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
It depends are where you are staying at POR, you can be a minute or two from the main building or a 5-10 minute walk. It is a pretty walk and there are a couple of bridges to cross the River.

Both bars at POR are charming. I don't believe the bar at the FC has reopened and the performer was let go months ago. I have not heard that changed. The boat can get chilly at night. Pools if you are going to use the feature pool in February I'd pick a building closer, it gets nippy in February.

Last edited:

NiarrNDisney

Thank you. Miss you guys! ;)

I have also thought about CSR since you told me how much you like it. I think my next two trips are definitely going to be at POR and CSR...it's just a matter of deciding which one to do first.

Also, the bars with evening entertainment sound great, but since I will be solo, I am more interested in the casual or pool bars. Laguna Lounge and Siesta's sound great. :cool:

I think you guys need to plan a trip for February so you can show me around!! lol :D

We miss you too!

I'm not certain about the pool bar at POR & POFQ o_O but according to what I have read on the net the one at POFQ gets high praise. I'm certain you will enjoy the Laguna bar at CSR, Siesta's (pool bar) is right next to the pool, tends to get pretty busy since they have a grill and loud if the pool is full.

As for Feb. we would love to come down but it looks like we are heading down to New Orleans in Jan. so probably won't be able to swing it! But if you have any questions about where to go while your there feel free to ask. If you do end up staying at POR, you will be near Bonnet Creek which also has some really neat bars, lounges, and restaurants that you might be interested in.

abeachchick

hi
Original Poster
We miss you too!

I'm not certain about the pool bar at POR & POFQ o_O but according to what I have read on the net the one at POFQ gets high praise. I'm certain you will enjoy the Laguna bar at CSR, Siesta's (pool bar) is right next to the pool, tends to get pretty busy since they have a grill and loud if the pool is full.

As for Feb. we would love to come down but it looks like we are heading down to New Orleans in Jan. so probably won't be able to swing it! But if you have any questions about where to go while your there feel free to ask. If you do end up staying at POR, you will be near Bonnet Creek which also has some really neat bars, lounges, and restaurants that you might be interested in.

Ok :cry: I guess I will just have to wait for you guys when you come later in the year ;)

I'm sure you will have a great time in New Orleans! And drink a Hurricane for me :happy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom