Popcorn length of stay?

BigChris77

Popcorn has to be as cheap as soda, if not cheaper, on a per serving basis (For arguments sake, I am ignoring the fact/rumor that Disney gets all it's fountain soda for free from Coca-Cola). They are charging more for the souvenir popcorn bucket now (IIRC, they were in the $8 range, depending on the park), but getting more repeat/$1.50 per refill business from them. Smart move, I'd say. And this is something I could definitely see my family buying whenever we're at the parks next.

I used to work at a cinema that would by it's sugared popcorn in pre-made. Each bag we'd by in was probably 15" in diameter and 3' long. It would fill 15ish large tubs of popcorn that would sell for £4 each (mid-90s pricing!). The bag would cost us less than £4.

The markup on popcorn is... impressive.

SSH

Agreed that if we didnt have our three neices with us it probably wouldnt have even been a thought...plus, we were away for 9 days (7 park days) so we definitely got maximum value out of it.

It is a great deal for longer trips...7 days is most definitely worth it. Our trips are 3-4 days tops. Knowing me, I'd be doubling or tripling my popcorn intake, just to get my money's worth. That probably wouldn't end well. :hilarious:

MissM

Anecdotally, I've purchased 2 buckets (since they are now using the Christmas design)
I picked up one a week ago (Saturday the 5th) and it wasn't Christmas design. It's a Goofy Barnstormer image. I was actually a little disappointed it wasn't holiday themed. Got it to the right of the Hub after Wishes.

Unless you get a ninny like we did at Magic Kingdom by the castle stand who said you didn't get refills with the more expensive popcorn buckets (e.g. Vampire Mickey, etc...) No other popcorn stand employee had this issue.

We finally got her to refill it but as a "favor" and after taking plenty of her attitude.:rolleyes: Probably should have reported her.

Jon81uk

Unless you get a ninny like we did at Magic Kingdom by the castle stand who said you didn't get refills with the more expensive popcorn buckets (e.g. Vampire Mickey, etc...) No other popcorn stand employee had this issue.

We finally got her to refill it but as a "favor" and after taking plenty of her attitude.:rolleyes: Probably should have reported her.

You don't get refills with the more expensive buckets such as Vampire Mickey etc though, the discounted refills are only good on the standard bucket.

Kbeery

You don't get refills with the more expensive buckets such as Vampire Mickey etc though, the discounted refills are only good on the standard bucket.
We bought expensive Santa Mickey and were told it could be refilled wherever. We've refilled it (4x I think)with no issues. The only difference - it was $13 instead of $10.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom