Popcorn Bucket

Princessdrn04

Original Poster
Hi,
If I purchase a popcorn bucket in Epcot does the refill option apply if I take it to Hollywood Studios that night? Or does the refill option only apply to the park I bought it from?

Also how many different varieties of popcorn are there in Disney World. I know Epcot has Maple popcorn, Hollywood Studios has the Star Wars popcorn( I forget the name, it is purple and red) and Magic Kingdom has regular am I missing any?
Thank you,
Disney Princess 04

JIMINYCR

Yes, your refillable bucket is good during your length of stay and around all the parks. There are seasonal popcorn flavors that come and go depending on the season youre in. There have been other flavors that show up around the shops and kiosks, ... like blueberry almond, Churro, Maple Bacon, Parmesan Garlic, Fruit and Chili, Caramel corn, Sour creme & chive, Cheddar cheese, Buffalo Blue cheese and others.

JIMINYCR

I'm going to bring my old La Nouba bucket next trip. Wonder if that would work.
Dis knows it isnt an official Dis refillable one. And its for length of stay only. But some people have brought older Dis refill buckets and some CMs have refilled them even though they have expired, others wont.

GeoDonJac34

Dis knows it isnt an official Dis refillable one. And its for length of stay only. But some people have brought older Dis refill buckets and some CMs have refilled them even though they have expired, others wont.
I remember seeing some old refillable mugs at the resorts years ago. Before the chip. I could never do it, plus I wanted the new merch.

arich35

how do cm's know which buckets are old, multiple buckets sold at all 4 parks, are they chipped?
Curious too, didn't notice any chip and they never scanned anything when we filled them. We have a 50th standard bucket that I am sure they are still selling that we planned on bringing with us in December

JIMINYCR

how do cm's know which buckets are old, multiple buckets sold at all 4 parks, are they chipped?
No they arent chipped but the bucket types will be sold for limited times so CM's seeing a bucket style that has been brought in that was not purchased in the time frame wont be filled. Again it varies by CM as to how willing they are to refill dated buckets.

buckeyegator

No they arent chipped but the bucket types will be sold for limited times so CM's seeing a bucket style that has been brought in that was not purchased in the time frame wont be filled. Again it varies by CM as to how willing they are to refill dated buckets.
how many cast members actually pay attention to the number of bucket styles to know what actually is new and not old, my guess very few.

JIMINYCR

how many cast members actually pay attention to the number of bucket styles to know what actually is new and not old, my guess very few.
If they are working the popcorn kiosks they know what’s being sold as refillable ones during that period. And the number of styles of buckets you might think are plenty but there isn’t so many that they can’t keep track of them.

danyoung56

I can't believe this thread is about how to cheat Disney. If you know that your popcorn buckets are for length of stay, then leave them at home on your next visit!

/off pious soapbox now ;)

GeoDonJac34

Just for the record, I was joking about the bucket. Not really a big popcorn guy anyway.

JIMINYCR

Just for the record, I was joking about the bucket. Not really a big popcorn guy anyway.
I knew you were joking but anyone reading the post might take you serious. ;)Theres been "that" discussion that pops up frequently about using refillable mugs that people claim are forever refillable. :rolleyes:

Hcalvert

Curious too, didn't notice any chip and they never scanned anything when we filled them. We have a 50th standard bucket that I am sure they are still selling that we planned on bringing with us in December
I used my Millennium Falcoln since I bought it in 2019. This last trip in June was the first time I did not see them still for sale. We were only getting the refills in Canada at EPCOT. They tried to put the popcorn in it and I politely declined and asked for a box instead.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom