POP Question

mitchk

I was considering staying at POP Century for my trip in September, but I have a question. I know POP is big, but how big is it? Is it like all 3 All Star Resorts put together? I've never stayed there before so I was curious. Also, what about the food court? Is there just one main building that the whole resort uses? If so, doesn't that get crowed in there around lunch/dinner time? Anyone :veryconfu

Tinkerbella16

Stayed at POP my last two trip, and stayed at each of the All Stars a bunch of times. POP is definately a much nicer resort. I can remember staying at the All Stars and not being able to even get a seat in the foodcourt for breakfast. I have never had that problem at POP. I think it is much more quiet than the AS's. And POP has its own busses, which is a HUGE plus....the all stars share busses, and they get very crowded going back to the resort when the parks close. POP is newer, the food is good, the castmembers are always very friendly (not saying they aren't anywhere else), I spent some time walking around the entire resort taking great pictures. POP is more spread out than the All Stars. Both times I've stayed there, we have had a room in the 50's building....which is very nice, with a quiet & very nice pool, and it isn't far from the foodcourt at all. Besides the horrible, yet neat view of the ghost town across the lake of the unfinished Legendary Years of POP...I always go for a walk and walk over the bridge that would have connected the two resorts. I think you'd like it altogether!
No matter what, its DISNEY!!! Let us know what you choose :wave:

Upvote 0

sophie_the_pooh

I just went to Pop a week ago, and I had a wonderful time! We were in the 80's building, and we only had to walk a couple of minutes to get to the main building. The food was great, there's a lot of choices for a reasonable price. In the morning, we found out that the food court was not too crowded if you went before 8h00a.m.

The bus system was also great. It never took us more than 30 minutes to get from our room to a park. The bus stops are close to the food court, so you can catch a bus right after breakfeast. At park closing, there were always a couple of buses waiting to take us to our hotel, and the bus drivers were very friendly.

It's also worth it to walk around the resort, we took many pictures and had a lot of fun! We will definitly go back to Pop next time we go to WDW!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

micmous

We have found staying at building 10 is not very far from the bus stops because you walk by the parking lot. We have stayed at POP twice and stayed at the other ALLSTARS (music,movies and sports). We like POP better than the other resorts (big benefit is POP has its own bus for all the locations vs ALLSTAR that during certian times shares buses).

Upvote 0

JessicaB

Not to stray off topic, but I hate when I see young men sitting, and a woman or child gets on the bus and has to stand. I think that is so ignorant, that a man won't give up his seat. I'm always the first to jump out of my seat for a woman/child or an elderly person. I almost said something to this little punk (was probably about 20 years old) last week going back to OKW, when a pregnant women got onto the bus with 2 children. I jumped out of my seat (all that was left was standing room), and she let her 2 kids share my old seat, while 3 seats away this little punk didn't even look her way to offer his seat. I looked at my wife, and remarked (a little loudly) how some people are so damn ignorant. My wife of course stood up so the pregnant woman could sit, but it ed me off so much, I just wanted to strangle him. :mad: Sorry for the rant :wave:

This will be my DS and also my 3rd trip to Disney. We have stayed at All Star Movies on our two previous vists. This time I've booked Pop. The main reason is the buses. I know that it will be busier this trip than it usually is when we go and we usually stand on the buses. More so in the afternoon. I'm hoping that Pop's will be better. I don't mind standing if someone needs my seat. I've done it many, many times. I'm just hoping to avoid it.:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom