POP pools

GeoDonJac34

We are heading down to the World for a week in late August, and I am wondering about the pool hours at POP Century . My guess is it will probably be a little on the warm side that time of year, and swimming will probably be in the plans. I was wondering what time the pools close and if any of the pools are considered quiet pools and open later at night.

DisneyRoy

We will be stay there this December and it will be our second time there. From what I remember they lifeguards leave around 10 PM but the pools stay open. As long as you are quiet I have never seen people asked to leave the pool. I have seen people in them at 2 AM being quiet and let swim. So as long as you are not making a ruckus for other hotel patrons, you should be fine to swim when you want.

Upvote 0

cbettua

The pools are now manned by lifeguards during pool hours and then the pools close. I recall it was open until 11pm. I did not remember the opening time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cw1982

The pools are now manned by lifeguards during pool hours and then the pools close. I recall it was open until 11pm. I did not remember the opening time.

When did this happen? The Disney website posts the pool bar hours as being open until midnight. I checked for tonight and also for every night the week of my stay this coming June... all say open until midnight. Doesn't make sense for the pool bar to be open later than the pool lol.

And according to wdwinfo, the pools open at 8 am.

Upvote 0

R W B

I've been in the pools at different resorts past their listed "closing" time and have never been told anything by CMs or security passing by. Maybe it's because it's just been my fiancé and I without kids and were not loud idk but no one has ever enforced the closing time to me. Actually I haven't been to pop in a few years but I think their main pool was only one of a handful that didnt close, the lifeguard just left. Could be wrong.

Upvote 0

cw1982

Hmm... according to Touring Plans, the lifeguards are there during pool hours, with closing times varying from 9 pm to midnight depending on the season. I'm guessing that may explain a few discrepancies here lol...

And I wouldn't be surprised if the CM's at the hotel turn a blind eye to people being in the pool after hours who are well behaved and not disruptive. I've seen that happen at several hotels in various locations... most recently at our favorite spot in Gatlinburg, Tennessee.

Upvote 0

cbettua

When did this happen? The Disney website posts the pool bar hours as being open until midnight. I checked for tonight and also for every night the week of my stay this coming June... all say open until midnight. Doesn't make sense for the pool bar to be open later than the pool lol.

And according to wdwinfo, the pools open at 8 am.
I could be wrong, I just recall seeing the sign and hearing about a death and policy change. I can't find anything backing this up. So I can be wrong.

Upvote 0

Cendure

Just got back from a week at POP on Sunday. Pool hours were posted as 7am - 11 pm. It was quite hot out though. Pools had "closed" signs posted around them at 11 pm until the next morning. Pool Bar did seem to still be open though. Whether or not it's enforced or not I don't know. Perhaps it's "swim at your own risk".

Upvote 0

cbettua

Just got back from a week at POP on Sunday. Pool hours were posted as 7am - 11 pm. It was quite hot out though. Pools had "closed" signs posted around them at 11 pm until the next morning. Pool Bar did seem to still be open though. Whether or not it's enforced or not I don't know. Perhaps it's "swim at your own risk".
This is what I saw too. Also while I was at the pool it felt like there were at the least 6 or 7 lifeguards, then they would each walk around the pool making a zig zag motion with two fingers. Each life guard did it. I have never seen anything like it before. Very attentive.

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
We stayed at All Star Movies last September and while there may be posted pool hours, there were guests in the pool in the early AM. I won't speak to what the two teenagers were doing, but at least they were quiet doing it.

Upvote 0

GeoDonJac34

Original Poster
Thanks for all the responses. I know we will be in the parks late during our trip and will probably be interested in some pool time upon return. Am really hoping we will be able to cool off a bit when we get back to POP. Last Nov. we stayed at AKL Kidani and the pool was completely closed off, I think at eleven. There was no access to the pool area at all. It wasn't all that warm , so no big deal, but the hot tub would have been nice.

Upvote 0

Poofiesdream

Pop pools are heated year round to 82 degrees! Hippity Dippity pool is crowded and noisy but there are two quite pools on property one near 90's building one near 50's building. Pool hours are times when lifeguards are on duty. As long as your quiet you can swim any time.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom