Pop or Movies

Jenniferb

Original Poster
Help can’t decide. Have stayed at every resort on property. We lived in Florida a long time before moving to Idaho. Anyways going back after 3 years, we’ve been visiting Disneyland a lot. It’s closer.
we need 4 rooms we are bringing our whole family, adult kids/spouses/partners/mom and yes we are paying for everyone.😂 pop is about $600 more is it worth it??

aliceismad

In my opinion, no. But I really don't love the theming at Pop. I know others would disagree and Pop seems to be a crowd favorite. Pop does have the advantage of the Skyliner if you plan on hitting the Epcot/HS area a lot.

Worldlover71

I would go with Pop. I like the theming better as well as the pools and food court. As others have said, the Skyliner is fun and means less time on buses. You are also right across the lake from AoA which has a good food court and a Skyliner ride away from even better food choices at Caribbean Beach and Riviera. Finally, sometimes (usually mid-day or late at night,) the All Stars share busses which isn't the end of the world, but it can be an annoyance. All that said, both are fun and I'm sure you'll have a great time!

Dave B

Sky liner gives a lot of options if the group wants to split, The All Stars have the suites, which is basically two rooms adjoined, depends on the specifics of what you are looking for

Diesel Dan

We have stayed at both. Mostly POP because we just like it there. We stayed there last year during Presidents week. The Skyliner was a game changer. Was great! We also had a large group 6 rooms & 21 people, good old family trip. The Skyliner is far better than the Buses. I would say it is worth the extra $.

Familyof5

Help can’t decide. Have stayed at every resort on property. We lived in Florida a long time before moving to Idaho. Anyways going back after 3 years, we’ve been visiting Disneyland a lot. It’s closer.
we need 4 rooms we are bringing our whole family, adult kids/spouses/partners/mom and yes we are paying for everyone.😂 pop is about $600 more is it worth it??
Stayed in both. I love Pop century. Like the beds more - comfortably sleep 4 adults. We used the Gondolas and it was so nice not to get in a car. And, we did the walk around the lake to look at the theming at Art of Animations (you can not use the pool unless you are a guest there). Having said that, check that the big pool at Pop is open....seem to recall a refurbishment.

I'll just let you know that we have also "rented" DVC points and stayed in 2 bedroom villas. The nice thing about this is that you have 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a full kitchen, and, in the living room either a murphy bed (pull down) or pull-out couch. There are also 3 Bedroom villas. However, reservations are firm....so, you need to be sure of your plans when you book. Having said that, I have made hotel reservations, and closer to the time, booked DVC rental. Sometimes I get the DVC, sometimes not. Never a problem with a 2BD. A 3BD may be even easier to get - and for your crowd, a better size.

Anyway, I do love Pop for the size of rooms, proximity to Art of Animation, and ease of Gondola transportation - we even had a clothing "emergency" one day, returned from the theme park on Gondola, changed, and got back to the park in less than an hour.

Dad 2 M & M

I would go with Pop. I like the theming better as well as the pools and food court. As others have said, the Skyliner is fun and means less time on buses. You are also right across the lake from AoA which has a good food court and a Skyliner ride away from even better food choices at Caribbean Beach and Riviera. Finally, sometimes (usually mid-day or late at night,) the All Stars share busses which isn't the end of the world, but it can be an annoyance. All that said, both are fun and I'm sure you'll have a great time!
Well Done!

Pop/AoA share buses as well, and they began sharing more frequently once the Skyliner opened. Years back we experienced shared at Pop only a handful of times, and it was usually, as you pointed out in your post, mid-day and late night....especially for the EMEs at Epcot and MK. Strng as it sounds, we never had shared at an All-Star.....

One other note is Movies is currently the only All-Star scheduled to reopen, so no sharing for now.

I agree with your "isn't the end of the world" take as ALL Disney busing can REALLY be a challenge at times.....crazy how it seems to be most challenging after a long day when peeps are tired!

Dog Ate Mouse

I would go with POP. The Movies was okay and did find the theme okay and just could not get into the hockey portion. The POP is nicely themed and has a good food court and small gift shop. The pool was nice and just an around good stay.

But honestly any place we stay as long as we are in WDW Resort is a fine day for the Mrs and I. That is what really matters most of all.

Honestly it is always fum to stay at different place in WDW and see if it fits you or not. This way you know for sure and can say the resort is for or not for you by first hand experience and not hear say.

Dad 2 M & M

I'd say yes to Pop being worth $600 more, but would assume we're talking more than 2 nights, correct?

Pop is a great resort and is better than any of the All-Stars. I will say All-Star Movies had the best Ice Cream of any of the Values, as you could get Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich that came with 3 scoops! At some point the Food Courts will all re-open to walk up orders......

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I'm taking it you have at least 8 people going probably more like 10-12. For ~$60 per person more - yes, POP is worth it. If it was $600 per person - then No. Also, you can walk to AoA. And depending where in POP you are situated a walk to CBR is doable even without the Skyliner.

Smiley/OCD

We've stayed in both also...1 vote for POP...we'll be there in May...our go to resort has been AoA, but this time, with our 2 adult DD's, it was more cost effective to get 2 rooms at POP. We like it it much better than any of the All Star resorts, but different strokes...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom