Pop or Caribbean Beach

Powerline's Roadie

Original Poster
We are wondering where to stay this trip, Pop century or Caribbean Beach. We’re recurring visitors and have stayed in both in the past. We are traveling with a 3YO. Kinda of torn based on how spread out CB is but double skyliner liner lines. Any feedback is appreciated.

Lirael

CBR really is very spread out, but they have various bus stops and even an internal loop bus so you dont need to walk all the way to the main entrance for your bus. And double skyliner lines, as you mentioned. Meanwhile while Pop is less spread out, it only has the one bus stop and shares the one skyliner with art of animation

Amenities wise, CBR is a moderate resort, Pop is a value. That does mean Pop is cheaper, but also that CBR has more to it. CBR has more food options, and more theming to the pool (which the 3yo might like more). Room wise I feelCBR is slightly larger but I'm not 100% sure. I do prefer the overall look and quality of CBR over Pop, but that's a question of my personal taste in theming.

I like Pop and am fine staying in it again, but I would only do it over CBR when I'm on a budget since the difference can be around 100usd a night. In fact, I'm considering doing just that in my next trip, when in the last I stayed in CBR, because I want to stay for a longer period and think the amount I'm saving per night can be better used elsewhere and I have some slight trauma related to CBR due to receiving some very bad news while I was staying there, but that's not CBRs fault

Last edited:

Smiley/OCD

As I always tell people asking us why we prefer to stay at the budget resorts, for the amount of time WE stay in the resort and room, for us, it doesn’t make sense to spend the extra money for the bump up to a mod or deluxe (we’ve stayed at both).
I’d ask yourselves the same question… all we want is a clean room & bath, working shower and TV and we’re happy. We’d rather spend that $$ in the parks…but that’s just us…just think about your budget…if you can afford it, go for CBR.

Powerline's Roadie

Original Poster
As I always tell people asking us why we prefer to stay at the budget resorts, for the amount of time WE stay in the resort and room, for us, it doesn’t make sense to spend the extra money for the bump up to a mod or deluxe (we’ve stayed at both).
I’d ask yourselves the same question… all we want is a clean room & bath, working shower and TV and we’re happy. We’d rather spend that $$ in the parks…but that’s just us…just think about your budget…if you can afford it, go for CBR.
Thank you. We usually agree but we may try to take it slower this trip (wishful thinking) and didn’t know if CB was worth it by that much or not.

Ayla

CBR really is very spread out, but they have various bus stops and even an internal loop bus so you dont need to walk all the way to the main entrance for your bus. And double skyliner lines, as you mentioned. Meanwhile while Pop is less spread out, it only has the one bus stop and shares the one skyliner with art of animation

Amenities wise, CBR is a moderate resort, Pop is a value. That does mean Pop is cheaper, but also that CBR has more to it. CBR has more food options, and more theming to the pool (which the 3yo might like more). Room wise I feelCBR is slightly larger but I'm not 100% sure. I do prefer the overall look and quality of CBR over Pop, but that's a question of my personal taste in theming.

I like Pop and am fine staying in it again, but I would only do it over CBR when I'm on a budget since the difference can be around 100usd a night. In fact, I'm considering doing just that in my next trip, when in the last I stayed in CBR, because I want to stay for a longer period and think the amount I'm saving per night can be better used elsewhere and I have some slight trauma related to CBR due to receiving some very bad news while I was staying there, but that's not CBRs fault
I'd dare to say there are very few 3 year olds who care whether a pool is themed or not. 😂

Lirael

I'd dare to say there are very few 3 year olds who care whether a pool is themed or not. 😂
I can be very bad at figuring out what's appropriate for kid age groups sometimes. I'm sure the only reason I'm not recommending RnR to 1yos is the height requirement 😄

Last edited:

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Thank you. We usually agree but we may try to take it slower this trip (wishful thinking) and didn’t know if CB was worth it by that much or not.

I’ve stayed at AoA with a 19mo and POP with a just over 2 year old. On one of the trips we ate at CBR and found it to be quite the trek from the Skyliner to the main building.

To me, the smaller footprint of POP would outweigh the double Skyliner lines at CBR. I don’t think we ever waited more than a car or two when transferring from POP.

Perhaps you have a more chill toddler than I but doubt you’ll be enjoying many of the extra CBR amenities. 😂

I would personally pick POP and perhaps plan for a CBR visit for a change of scenery.

Like others said depends how much time you want to spend at the resort. If you want to maximize park time or are going to spending more time at the parks go with Art of Animation. Espeically if you can get a room near the skyliners. I really liked the new redisign of the rooms there. There is a weird disconnect between the outside of the hotels and the inside as I feel like the outside hasn't aged very well and there is a weird disconnect when you enter the new refirbished rooms.

CBR is still a beautiful resort but yeah.. its' HUGE and can take a long time getting around. But if you are going to be spending time relaxing at the resort then go for CBR

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom