Votes: 26 76.5%
  • ASMo

Votes: 8 23.5%

• Total voters

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I've stayed at both and honestly POP has always been my favorite value (I've sayed at ASMo twice and POP 9 times).

But with the Skyliner I'm a bit more iffy about staying. Not because I'm afraid of the Skyliner but because I wonder if its as efficient as the buses.

I've also heard that AOA and POP started sharing buses where as they didn't used to.

I only shared a bus once out of the 4 stays at the All Stars resorts and it was when I stayed at Sports which gets picked up first when they do share.
And heading back to the resorts from the parks All Stars resorts always seem to have their own buses ready and waiting.

Efficient and reliable transportation is one of the most important things to my sister and I when at WDW since we like to RD and PH.

so with that in mind ASMo or POP?

Last edited:

YankeeMouse

Skyliner is a dream compared to buses. I don't like heights. I took a chance last trip and it was so worth it. Smooth, not fast and easy peasy.

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Skyliner is a dream compared to buses. I don't like heights. I took a chance last trip and it was so worth it. Smooth, not fast and easy peasy.
When does the Skyliner open for the day at POP/AOA? We like to leave the resort a good hour prior to rope drop. Is that feasible or would we need to take the bus to ensure we are at HS/EPCOT by about 40 minutes prior to rope drop?

Kamikaze

When does the Skyliner open for the day at POP/AOA? We like to leave the resort a good hour prior to rope drop. Is that feasible or would we need to take the bus to ensure we are at HS/EPCOT by about 40 minutes prior to rope drop?

Skyliner operation is supposed to begin 1 hour before park open. Same time as the buses (excluding the early buses to DHS for RotR).

And the answer to the question is that any skyliner resort is better than a bus only resort.

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Skyliner operation is supposed to begin 1 hour before park open. Same time as the buses (excluding the early buses to DHS for RotR).

And the answer to the question is that any skyliner resort is better than a bus only resort.
The buses all start earlier than that.
And if the Skyliner starts 1 hour prior that kinda sucks since it's not direct from POP.

Kamikaze

The buses all start earlier than that.
And if the Skyliner starts 1 hour prior that kinda sucks since it's not direct from POP.

No, they don't. Buses officially start 45 minutes before open. Most of the time, this means making the first pickup an hour before.

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
No, they don't. Buses officially start 45 minutes before open. Most of the time, this means making the first pickup an hour before.
Unofficially they start much earlier. I've hopped on a bus as early as 90 minutes prior to park opening at times.
I've been 30+ times...

graphite1326

What if you have an early breakfast at say EPCOT?

HouCuseChickie

I realize that's the official word, but most resorts are either a 6:30 or 6:45am resort as far as the start of bus service. The only resort we've ever encountered that will contradict this is YC, but I've gotten buses pre-7am from there as well. AKL went as far as to confirm that they are a 6:45am first bus resort.

wendysue

We are at POP this week and absolutely LOVE the Skyliner. You can be at HS in 15 minutes. We have been riding it all week and it only stopped once for about 20 minutes as we were getting into Epcot. (we were only 1 car away from getting off when it got stuck).
We really like AS Music and Movies as well because of price.
If I had to decide between the two, I will probably choose AS Music or Movies over POP just because of the price. It can be several hundred dollars more at POP depending on when you go, and that is money better spent elsewhere. :)

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
We are at POP this week and absolutely LOVE the Skyliner. You can be at HS in 15 minutes. We have been riding it all week and it only stopped once for about 20 minutes as we were getting into Epcot. (we were only 1 car away from getting off when it got stuck).
We really like AS Music and Movies as well because of price.
If I had to decide between the two, I will probably choose AS Music or Movies over POP just because of the price. It can be several hundred dollars more at POP depending on when you go, and that is money better spent elsewhere. :)
What has your experience been with using the buses or Skyliner to get to HS early in the morning? Was the Skyliner running? If not were the buses as efficient as they used to be?
I love POP and have stayed there 11 times so I just want to make sure the transportation is up to par still ya know?

wendysue

What has your experience been with using the buses or Skyliner to get to HS early in the morning? Was the Skyliner running? If not were the buses as efficient as they used to be?
I love POP and have stayed there 11 times so I just want to make sure the transportation is up to par still ya know?
It seems like even when the line looks really long on the Skyliner, it moves very quickly. We had no problem being in HS within 1/2 hour of leaving our room at the longest. Haven't had any problems with the buses we took this week (to Ak and MK) but have preferred the Skyliner to HS or Epcot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom