Pop Century

DisneyMarg

We had a great time there the week before Easter. Have you read the reviews in the Resort section? And seen the pics?

Two tips...
1) If you plan to wash - go early. The laundromat is not large enough for the number of guests it services.
2) If you can't see Wishes and Illuminations from your room, walk around the lake to the 80's parking lot, and you can see them from there. The bridge over the lake is probably a nice spot as well.
Have fun! We did!

Upvote 0

GSpiff

Make sure when they send you to your room, you pay close attention to where they are directing you on the map. It's big and can be confusing. It took us about 15 minutes to find our room.

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

I usually ask what side of the building the room is on and what it is facing. They usually have to look it up or ask another CM, but definitely worth asking. Since the buildings are big and odd shaped, it can be a pain and long walk to find the room.

Upvote 0

GSpiff

That's a good idea, especially at Pop Century, since they're not set up like the All Star resorts. With the buildings at Pop being on different angles, it can get quite confusing, I guess even for the CMs there. Good to know I'm not just slow.

Upvote 0

BRER STITCH

AndyD said:
I'll be heading down in july with my family, Are there any good tips for a firsttimers :wave: at that resort.

Be sure to leave yourself some time to walk around, explore, and enjoy the resort too!

POP has a nice walkway that goes all around the resort and out by the lake that is relaxing and posted with trivia about the decades you are walking through.

Also, there is a nice bridge you can walk out on and watch the sunrise/sunset or feed the fish and ducks.

The food court/store area was open late (midnite) so it was a good place to go to kill some time at the end of the night.

Just walking around the resort will give you the opportunity to check out the cool giant icons aroiund the buildings and to see the different pools and water play areas. I loved my stay there and look forward to returning!

HAVE FUN!

:wave:

Upvote 0

Rcoaster809

Pop Century was a nice place. Just for some fun, if you have any stuffed animals be sure to leave them out where mousekeeping can find them. Theyll leave you a surprise. Also, get the tie-dye cheese cake. It is wierd eating it, but unique.

Upvote 0

frank4369

How long is the bus ride to the parks from there? Isn't Pop located near the entrance to the grounds? When I last went in 2002, I seem to remember thinking that it was pretty far off from the other hotels. I might be staying there when we go in Oct, so I'd be interested to hear anything.

Upvote 0

pat in the hat

We've stayed at all the Disney resorts (but 3), and certainly enjoyed POP! Keep in mind, it is a large resort, and I think good advice was given on getting specific landmarks to find your room. We were quite far from our building and it was quite a (confusing) walk from the parking lot. . . but, we were also so excited to arrive, that we really didn't mind! Each pool is great in its own way: the 60's-70's pool with the lazy daisies, the 80's-90's pool with the laptop and keyboard, and the 50's pool in the shape of a bowling pin . . . you really can't go wrong. I felt that the transportation was good; I think POP has its own buses. And, they offer themed treats like tye-dyed cheesecake and tye-dyed peanut butter fluff sandwiches that make for fun (but fattening) snacking!

Enjoy! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Dwarful

we will be there in 13 days and my husband has reminded me daily about getting his "twinkie tiramasu". we are trying for 50's bldg C this time out. Last time we were there we stayed in the 70's section and it was nice, view of the lake, not too far from the bus/food court/pools and laundry. I am sooooo glad that we are flying in this time and Disney will take care of the luggage...everyone is right about it being large and confusing to find your room when you first check in.

Upvote 0

skipperg

Love Pop Century

Stayed there last May and December. Food court was good, the store had some really nostalgic toys from each of the decades.

As for it's location, I found it a bit confusing. When you first enter Disney Property you can see it and get the impression that it far away from the Disney Parks, but it is rather close to Epcot and MGM.

Service was excellent and the staff was fantastic.

Staying there again this May (Just 10 Days to go)

Joe

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom