Pop Century

lileonard

Banned
My firends and me are going on a graduation trip for a week next june. We made reservations for the pop century resort. My question is does anyone know how nice it will be? Or should we have made reservations at the all star movies? Just let me know how the two compare to each other. And in your opinion where would you stay?

Just wondering??????

disney2b

pop century should be the same as the all star resorts. it just uses different pop icons of the century like the rubbix cube and yo-yo and stuff like that. if you just want to save money thats the way to. we stayed at all star movies right after it opened and it turned out to be nice

Upvote 0

JAY-ROD

It all depends, 1st off Pop century is going to be crowded since it is a new hotel, which should lighten up at the All star resorts. So if you dont mind te crowded, stay at the pop. if not, you might try and stay at the All star. I'm not saying the all stars wont be packed as well. just not as packed as usual.

Upvote 0

hellokitty1

Another thing to consider is
Pop Century will not be completed until 2003
I believe...meaning there will be construction
going on still not sure how this affect the
resort, but i can guess it will be noisy and
dirtier with the construction trucks and stuff.
Just something to think about.

Upvote 0

Invero

While it's true, Pop Century will be opening in phases... Disney has a way of making it so the construction shouldn't effect one's stay at the resort. Chances are, you probably won't see much of it at all.

All the construction will be taking place during the day when one is off at the parks, and even then, it will be on a different part of the resort property. (Keep in mind, it's going to be quite large)

Enjoy your stay there, it's sure to be a great addition to the Disney Resort family! :)

Upvote 0

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Pop century is also a bit out of the way...it sits right on the property border....you can see the entrace gate from the hotel.

Upvote 0

Invero

Actually, although it does border the Osceola Parkway... it's quite close to Downtown Disney, DAK, and World Drive (MK, Epcot, Studios)

Actually, when you really think about it... even if you pick the furthest points... it's really not THAT far.

Upvote 0

hellokitty1

Has anyone else heard that the pop century
is not opening anymore? (they have no def.
plans for opening either)

Guess we wont have to worry about staying there!

Upvote 0

lileonard

Banned
Original Poster
should i change the reservations and make them for somewhere else or keep it. and how long will I have to change it, i know that i am going in june and it is usually pretty crowded in june, so how long do you think i have to change it before other resorts are booked.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by lileonard
should i change the reservations and make them for somewhere else or keep it. and how long will I have to change it, i know that i am going in june and it is usually pretty crowded in june, so how long do you think i have to change it before other resorts are booked.

I might be mistaken, but I would think that Disney reservations would automatically be "holding" a block of rooms at the other value resorts for people who have reservations at Pop Century, then release them only if Pop Century opens. Just think, you might even get an upgrade if the value resorts are full! Have you sent a deposit? That should guarantee you a Disney Resort room somewhere!

Upvote 0

hellokitty1

this was offered to another person:

I had a ressie. for pop century this december, but when i heard about others being called by disney to switch to a different resort, I called
disney. At first, I was offered to stay at one of the All Star Resorts, which I politely declined. I was then told that that was ok and there was
one more offer; it was to stay at AKL for 118.00/night which includes tax. I grabbed AKL!!!! So, that is where i will be staying this december
18-27!!!!!
Melissa

wont that be coool!!!

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by hellokitty1
this was offered to another person:

I had a ressie. for pop century this december, but when i heard about others being called by disney to switch to a different resort, I called
disney. At first, I was offered to stay at one of the All Star Resorts, which I politely declined. I was then told that that was ok and there was
one more offer; it was to stay at AKL for 118.00/night which includes tax. I grabbed AKL!!!! So, that is where i will be staying this december
18-27!!!!!
Melissa

wont that be coool!!!

This is what I was refering to when I mentioned maybe getting an upgrade!

Once when we arrived at the Contemporary late one night (you "oldtimers" have heard this one) they had given away our room so upgraded us to a suite on the concierge level ....it was great!

So the answer is, they SHOULD(as they always have in the past) take good care of you, you do have a room SOMEWHERE, and you might even be better off, especially if you POLITELY hedge a bit on the first offer!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom