Pop Century v.s. All-Star Sports

ClarkWGriswold

I'm new - so be gentle!!!

My family has stayed at WDW All-Star Sports on many trips. In August we will be coming back (thankfully - we all feel like kids at WDW) and are staying at Pop Century.

Can somebody help us out - is Pop Century set up like the All-Stars (i.e., busses pick up at one central location-are the waits very bad-does it take long to get to the parks; food court similar; shopping like at Sport Goofy):confused:

I heard Pop Century had more rooms than the All-Stars - so does the food court get overcrowded???

How would you rate the experience if you stayed at both????

What themed hotels are the best for walking to the bus or food court, access overlooking pools???

Thanks for the information.:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

frazierle

You will like Pop Century. Rooms are the same size as All-Stars sort of the same set up. Except the rooms are new, they do not share buses with other resorts, food court never seemed over crowded and have a nice lake to stare at when you need some quiet time. We stayed in the 60's building and really liked where it was at. Right behind the main building, next to the pool and the lake was also behind it. My only complaint was the parking which seemed to fill up really quick in the 60's lot.

Upvote 0

rosie.ca

I liked the layout at pop century it was great and the decor was loads of fun. the food court/shop is huuuuuge plus there are a few tables out side ... I never had a problem finding a table ... I even played the ms. pacman game (.50 cents) tee hee...
I didn't even mind the tye dye cheesecake so I really liked the food court (except there was just something about mickey jerky that didn't excite me...) and watching cast members doing the hustle was a little scary but I just couldn't look away ... lol.

as for the buses I never had to wait more than 10 minutes for a bus ...sometimes they had 2 magic kingdom buses show up at the same time! same plan as the all stars and even though I was in the 80s and kind of out of the way from the main building (not that it was really out of the way) it only took me 2 minute to walk to the buses when i crossed through the 70's parking lot.
so nothing is really that far from the buses or the food court (I actually timed these things with my watch... yes I am a little crazy)
the pools were nice I tried out 2 of the three ... maybe do the bowling pin pool next time .

the rooms were what you would expect if you have seen an all star room...although I think the tv s are bigger. *speaking of tv ... chrissa or whatever her name is was just waaay to happy for first thing in the morning when I turned on the tv to check the weather*

I liked pop century ...after staying 11 nights I was still enjoying it so I am sure you will have a great time

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Welcome to the boards Clark W. Griswold....My husband thinks I am the female version of Clark. We have stayed at all three all stars and this June we will be hitting Pop Century. I am looking forward to it and don't think we will be disappointed. I'll post back when we get back, which is still quite a ways but it is before you go.

just curious, where abouts in Illinois are you from? "southern illinois" here Alton/Godfrey

Upvote 0

ClarkWGriswold

Original Poster
thanks for all the info. we can't wait to go. i was also thinking of the 80's theme and wondering how far the walk was to the busses. it couldn't be any longer than from the baseball theme at all-star sports.

dwarful - only a short Disney Transport ride away from you here in Pana, IL (maybe an hour and a half). i grew up in belleville and know the alton/godfrey area well!!!

our varsity baseball plays in alton friday night.:wave: :wave:

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Hey Clark...I've been to Pana, my college roommate at Blackburn College in Carlinville was from Pana Illinois.
Its a small world after all ;)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom