Pop Century Room

bethymouse

We stayed in the 70's section near the Big Wheel. The walk to the main pool and lobby wasn't bad at all. We asked for the closest room to the pool area. We don't usually pay for the "preferred " rooms.;)

englanddg

One Little Spark...
When I called last week to see about downgrading from POFQ, we looked at Pop options. As of this season they have 3 levels of rooms at Pop now. Last year it was just two. "Preferred" and "Standard".

Now, they have added "Preferred Garden View".

So, Preferred gets you a view of the main pool in one of the 60s buildings. Preferred Garden View puts you in the back of one of the 60s buildings with views of the gardens / neighboring buildings. Standard is everything else.

That being said, I did Preferred and had a room on the 4th floor right next to the Yoyo on the laundry room side. It...wasn't worth the money. I would rather have had a garden view in the 50s building near the bowling pin. Basically the same walk, and a lot quieter.

Kokoum57

We had a standard room at Pop this month. At check-in they gave us Building #3 in the 50's section. We had Rm 3315, 3rd floor, lake view. It was nice and quiet after a full day of in-your-face Disney. It was perfect.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
We had a standard room at Pop this month. At check-in they gave us Building #3 in the 50's section. We had Rm 3315, 3rd floor, lake view. It was nice and quiet after a full day of in-your-face Disney. It was perfect.
Yes, I spent many a night outside my "preferred" room by the main pool with families and kids playing at all hours of the night (not that I begrudge them), gazing over at your buildings thinking...man, I wish we were over there!

My primary gripe isn't the noise, per se. It is that the rooms don't keep much of it out. Hearing kids having fun in the main pool at all hours of the night made it hard to get the kid calmed down for bed. In addition, the two days we were sick and had to stay in the room, the thumping music and noise from the main pool made it difficult to rest.

It was still a great stay, and a nice room. But, I would rather the hotel room be a respite from the hustle and bustle that is Disney, not in the thick of it!

matt9112

Yes, I spent many a night outside my "preferred" room by the main pool with families and kids playing at all hours of the night (not that I begrudge them), gazing over at your buildings thinking...man, I wish we were over there!

My primary gripe isn't the noise, per se. It is that the rooms don't keep much of it out. Hearing kids having fun in the main pool at all hours of the night made it hard to get the kid calmed down for bed. In addition, the two days we were sick and had to stay in the room, the thumping music and noise from the main pool made it difficult to rest.

It was still a great stay, and a nice room. But, I would rather the hotel room be a respite from the hustle and bustle that is Disney, not in the thick of it!

This year is my first time staying at a moderate to avoid that noise....I don't mind people but I mind when it sounds like roving gangs of brazilians with pitch forks are pillaging rooms one by one ad I need to barricade my front door to avoid slaughter.

HollyAD

The music was a problem when we stayed in the preferred area a few years ago. I do remember being on the third floor above the pool. I was able to deal with it but I actually liked my standard room a lot better because of this.

ExtinctJenn

We stayed in March. I booked a "standard" room and specifically requested one facing the lake (because we wanted a view of AoA). We got exactly that (so yes, there are standard rooms that face the lake). :)

Here ya go... this may help!

PopCenturyMap2012RoomCategoriesFINAL.jpg

jrab0616

I would just book a standard room. You can request a lake view room when you do the online check-in. Wewere just there this past week and we were in the 70s section on in the Big Wheel building facing out toward the parking lot, but there were so many trees, you couldn't even see it. It was lovely. We didn't spend much time there (we only got about 5 hours of sleep each night) because we like to hit the parks hard, so it was good for us.

ExtinctJenn

I definitely prefer standard lake view rooms. We stayed in the 90s section once and really did not care for it. That was the one year we did not request any certain room. Prefer 60s the most.
I'd have to agree. We had 60s Lake View on this last trip in March and it was honestly our best value resort experience to date. It was super quiet and being able to step outside in the morning while everyone was getting ready and watch the ducks/birds on the lake was nice. Plus being in the 60s building we were super close to the bridge over to AoA so it was a nice little walk to go tour it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom