Pop Century room request question

tdonald

Original Poster
Hi all! I was hoping someone could tell me what I should request for a room at Pop Century. We are staying in a standard room. We didn't want a room near the main pool, but wouldn't mind a room near one of the others (whichever is quieter/less crowded/fewer kids). Our main priority is being close to the main bus stop. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

JasonDeyoung

Being standard room you'll probably get an outer building. I've had a standard 3 times there and was in the 80's and 90's each time. Those have a small pool and are a little bit of a walk from the lobby but nothing bad. You can also cut across parking lot (sidewalk) to the bus stop as well so it's not a bad walk at all. I just stayed in a pref room in the 60's and it honestly wasn't a huge difference in walk

Cosmic Commando

We had a standard room in the 60's on our last trip in 2011. Third floor, further building from Classic Hall, and on the side facing the 50's. It was amazing! I liked being on the "inside" of the resort, away from parking lots, loading docks, etc., but the walk to parking, pool, and food court still wasn't very far. One of the coolest things was that you could see and hear Illuminations from the balcony outside of the room! It was faint and small, but you could definitely hear it. Now, that same room would have the added bonus of being a short walk to AoA if you want to try their food court. I really hope they still have standard rooms in this area for our trip this fall!

SAV

I have never had a Preferred room and always gotten my request of 60's section, Lake View. I have always had 2nd floor and it has been fine. Super quiet and close to everything.

JohnD

60s building garden or lake view.

This. Just checked out this morning. (Have one final hop to MK after breakfast at Kona Cafe.)

I had a lake view in Building 5 (60s). Very quiet. Pool is right there, which I used twice. Very short walk to food court and busses. For a standard room you would swear it's "preferred." 2nd floor didn't bother me but, sure, 3rd floor would be better, obviously. Can't say enough about that this is your choice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom