Pop Century Question: Have you done laundry there?

3fordisney

We are staying at Pop Century for 10 nights. We are driving down, but there is no way I can pack 11 days worth of clothes for 3 people. I will have to do a couple loads of laundry. I know they have a mini laundromat set up. Has anyone used it before and how much is it to run a load? I can get detergent at the dollar store for a buck. I need to know if I need 1 roll of quarters or more.

Any info offered is greatly appreciated. Thanks!:animwink:

coltow

We did laundry at ASMu which I assume is the same. I forget how much it cost maybe 2 dollars. We took a day off in the middle to chill at the pool and so while we were lounging we threw some laundry in.

Upvote 0

3fordisney

Original Poster
Thats my plan :cool:! We have been as long as 7 nights, but never this long. We thought we'd take a break, swim at the pool, and I'll do a little laundry to get us through the trip. I'm planning on packing 5 days worth. We won't have to worry about pants and shorts this time so I hope to fit everything into 1 big suitcase. :lookaroun

Upvote 0
I have done laundry there many times. It is $2 to run the washer and $2 for the dryer which lasts about 30 minutes or so. Depending on the size of your loads you may need to do $4 for drying.

Upvote 0

DisneyMom4

I've done A LOT of laundry at Disney over the years. (That's what 4 kids will get you :))

The previous poster was correct -- it is $2 per cycle (wash or dry). There are a good number of washers and dryers at the Pop which is nice. (There aren't at the Poly.) You can buy detergent there or bring your own. I always have a bottle delivered with my Garder Grocer order. (usually $5 or so for a bottle)

To save on drying for a long time I usually split my washer loads up into multiple dryer loads. For example, if I run 2 washer loads I split it into 4 dryer loads. This helps dry things faster and uses the same amount of money. Also, the dryers always seem to run longer than the 30 stated minutes. Always check a dryer out to see if it has any minutes left before adding money. I've been pleasantly surprised several times with a semi-free dryer. :animwink:

Have a great time! The Pop is fabulous!

Upvote 0

mickeymomnorth

I did laundry last summer at All Star Movies and made the mistake of doing it during the heat of the day. It was wicked hot outside, so you can imagine what it was like in the un-airconditioned laundry room. I will admit to becoming a raging b#$%^ at that moment. :fork: I don't know how late they are open, but you might consider doing it after sundown when it is a little cooler (if you are going in the hazy daze of summer like we did!).

Upvote 0

Rob562

I know they have a mini laundromat set up. Has anyone used it before and how much is it to run a load? I can get detergent at the dollar store for a buck. I need to know if I need 1 roll of quarters or more.

One other note is that there are actually three laundry rooms at Pop Century, one by each pool. If you're at the 50's or 60's laundry room and all machines happen to be in use, it's a short walk to the other one, but the 90's laundry room is a bit of a walk from the others.

There's also a change machine if you don't want to bring a roll of quarters.

Lastly, it'd be nice if there were a laundry sink in the laundry room to rinse things like a measuring cup, etc, but there isn't. But there are bathrooms right next to the laundry room and you can use the sinks in there.

-Rob

Upvote 0

TURKEY

Please don't try and use all the dryers if there are other people trying to use machines. I've been at Disney and other locations when all 4/6/8 machines are being used by 1 or 2 families.

Just be aware of others needs and watch your time (if you leave) as well.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

I have done laundry at Pop. As someone said, there are 3 different locations to choose from when doing your laundry. Each is basically the same size it seems. The machines are 2 dollars for a wash and then 2 dollars for a dry.

Upvote 0

dsnyfreak

just dont think that "hey if we go real early we will beat the crowds and get our laundry done" like we did, thats when it seems that everyone is doing it because they are trying to get it all together because they are leaving.:)

Upvote 0

firekymmie

I was at POP last sept... did 5 loads of laundry in about 2 hrs if that.... I did it on a wed no one was in there... everything was clean and I actually thought it was nicer then the one at POR. I always take my own detergent and softer sheets with me and about 2 rolls of quarters.... hope this helps ... I was in the 50's section loved it

Upvote 0

disneygirl1024

We will be staying 10 days at POR. I have done laundry at POP before. I don't like doing alot of laundry when I get home. I have us pack about 4-5 days worth of clothes. That way 1)luggage doesn't weigh as much and 2) don't have alot of laundry to do. Anyway, I go to Target and buy the $1 Tide laundry packets and bring my own fabric softener sheets. I usually do laundry at the end of the day after we are back from the parks cause usually then people are resting in their rooms.

It does tork me off however that people seem to want to hog the dryers. I say if no one is in there and it's late at night, sure use more than one dryer to dry your clothes but if there are alot of people doing/trying to do laundry, please share.

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

The thought of doing laundry on vacation always sickened me but when we went in August we stayed for 9 nights and there were 4 of us. So mid week we did laundry on night while swimming. It worked out great. Might I suggest bringing your own detergent in a ((cent refillable bottle. It takes up less room in your luggage, is a lot cheaper than purchasing the powder from the hotel and is your fav brand. We took one per looad and ended up doing 2 loads. Last summer it was $2 a load to wash and $2 to dry.

Good luck!

Upvote 0

mickey&me

I know I'm probably going to get flamed for saying this, but if I get my laundry washed and the dryers are empty, I use as many as I want to until my clothes are dry. If you snooze, you lose.

What bothers me is people who put their laundry in a washer or dryer and leave it. :fork: I have been known to pull out the clothes and leave them in a heap on a table (or sometimes even on the floor).

Upvote 0

Disneygirl91395

I did laundry at POP this past summer and what i found was that the laundry rooms buy the 50's and 60's were very crowded we did it when it was raining so we thought that was the problem but when we went to the one by the 80's and 90's we were the only ones there. I dont no if it was because it was farther or not but ether way it was nice having the whole room to ourselves and not having 2 worry about getting a washer or dryer and although it may seem far its really not that far from the main building or the bus stop so i would suggest trying that one first and it is $2 for a load

Upvote 0

MickeyGirl910

I was in the 60s in October last year. I went to the laundry room and put my laundry in around 9 AM and no one was in there. We went and had breakfast, came back to put clothes in the dryer and still no one was there. I remember it was a Wednesday because it was the day after we went to MNSSHP. Not sure if the day or the time made a difference, but it worked for me!!! Two years ago I did the same thing over in the 80/90s laundry room and nobody was in there either. Have a great time. I'm so jealous, 11 days!!!!

Upvote 0

3fordisney

Original Poster
Thanks guys for the great responses:sohappy:. This has helped us greatly! I don't want to do laundry on vacation, but staying as long as we are, I rather do this than try to figure out how to pack 11 days worth of clothes:)!

I really appreciate it! I can't wait to get there! Its a much needed vacation!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom