pop century preferred room pool view

alac1980

Original Poster
hi everyone,

my travel agent booked us a pop century preferred room pool view. yes, i realize that the pool view rooms might be loud due to pool noise, lol, but my kids will LOVE it, so it's a sacrifice i will happily make!

just a quick question though. is this referring to the hippy dippy pool? with the hotel next to it that says, can you dig it? i'm assuming this is the 60s building? lol. i just want to make sure so when i call the resort to confirm my room, i know what i'm talking about and don't get screwed out of the room we'd like.

minniemickeyfan

Booked this once and was in the 60's 4th floor directly overlooking the Hippy Dippy Pool. I could hear noise in my room but only in the afternoon when they were doing the pool party and kids games. Was nice to be so close to the main building, Even though we were on the 4th floor we were really close to the stairs closest to the laundry room. Sure your kids will love being near the pool!

Rob562

Preferred Pool View would be overlooking the 60's Hippy Dippy pool, yes.

There are Preferred rooms that are not Pool View, and there are pool-view rooms that are not Preferred. (They overlook the Computer Pool and the Bowling Pin pool.

-Rob

trylon57

it's loud and noisy. A DJ plays over-amplified music and plays games with kids. The wonderful ambient music that Pop Century plays in the background gets drowned out by the noise the DJ makes. If you have a room by the Hippy-Dippy pool, forget about going back to your room in the afternoon for a nap. It is loud.

alac1980

Original Poster
it's loud and noisy. A DJ plays over-amplified music and plays games with kids. The wonderful ambient music that Pop Century plays in the background gets drowned out by the noise the DJ makes. If you have a room by the Hippy-Dippy pool, forget about going back to your room in the afternoon for a nap. It is loud.

lol, OH GREAT! haha. we won't be going back to our rooms. if anything, we'll just be taking a seat at one of the resorts and people watching/christmas decoration admiring, sort of thing. we don't have many days there so we are hoping to spend the days out and about. is the party every day? you'd think they'd change that, given that most people DO go home for naps.

minniemickeyfan

lol, OH GREAT! haha. we won't be going back to our rooms. if anything, we'll just be taking a seat at one of the resorts and people watching/christmas decoration admiring, sort of thing. we don't have many days there so we are hoping to spend the days out and about. is the party every day? you'd think they'd change that, given that most people DO go home for naps.
Next trip we booked the standard view since we have a 1 year old now. Definitely don't want to be next to the pool party. There's lots of activities and games for the kids. They have similar parties at other resorts too. Have fun!

HollyAD

The noise is noticeable but it never kept us awake. We stayed pool view last year and had no complaints. It makes life a little more convenient to be closer to the buses and food court. We always love staying at Pop.

GeoDonJac34

I stayed at POP a few times, but never a pool view room. I was always curious if it was loud in the morning when the maintenance workers clean the pool area. I noticed they plug their power washers in outlets in front of some rooms.

JerseyDad

....as someone that has pretty much ALWAYS had / requested a poolside room in one of the 60's buildings (we were in Bldg 5 ...Rm 5271 in August) ...we knew (after last years experience) that it's loud during the pool party time. And it was MORE LOUD this year because we were directly across from where the DJ set up. It didn't keep us from taking a mid-day nap .....but it was loud.

.....that said ...I'd always want the poolside room ....'cause that's where the 'action' is ....and the bar.

geodon 34 said:

I stayed at POP a few times, but never a pool view room. I was always curious if it was loud in the morning when the maintenance workers clean the pool area. I noticed they plug their power washers in outlets in front of some rooms.

....it's not really loud when maintenance people are out there. Regarding the hose bibs that they use for the power washer water source ...you'll not really hear anything more than water running through a pipe type sound ...like when someone takes a shower in a house and you're next to the wet-wall.

bethymouse

We got a standard room, and just asked for the closest building to the Hippie Dippie Pool/Food Court area. It was a short walk near the Big Wheel. We enjoyed our stay. The boys always talk about it still to this day! ( we went back in 2009).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom