Pop Century or French Quarter

jcldtrek

Planning on going back to Disney by myself in May. Was just wondering which resort is a better choice, Pop Century or French Quarter. Would appreciate your opinions on either resort, especially since it'll be for just one person.

:xmas:

Pioneer Hall

It depends on what you are looking for and what you want to spend. For one person though you will probably not have any problem in Pop Century since you don't need the bigger room and will probably be in the parks most of the time.

Upvote 0

Jessie&Buzz

We just stayed at French Quarter. I loved it. I loved how close we were to the bus stop and main building. We were in building 4. It was so quiet there and just peaceful. I've never stayed at Pop. I'm sure it's just like the other values. It really depends on what you are looking for. I would stay at French Quarter again.

Upvote 0

rcsnyder1

The French Quarter is much nicer, but if you think you will be staying at the parks all day and just use the resort to sleep at, you can save some money by staying at Pop Century. But if you plan to do any relaxation, it is worth spending alittle more. French Quarter is part of Port Orleans. Next to French Quarter is River Side. You can walk or take a boat to get to it. At Riverside is a Resturant called Boatwrights. It has the best breakfast on property IMO. You can get reservations by calling 407-WDW-DINE. They have an incredible bannana stuffed french toast that you would die for. Also a great omelet.
Th

Upvote 0

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
If you can afford it, French Quarter
But if you want more spending $$ - Pop

I've stayed @ both by myself and FQ is prettier, but if you're only going to be sleeping there...why spend the extra $$?

Upvote 0

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
For one person, I would just stay at Pop. You get all the amenities and privileges of a Disney resort, and you save money. I LOVE French Quarter, but wouldn't stay there if I was traveling solo.

Upvote 0

ssidiouss@mac.c

I love the Pop Century.. to me it is just exploding with Disney Magic! It just feels like DisneyWorld to me.. very very upbeat and magical... the colors, music, and sparking floor etc.. just awesome. The french quarter may be more pretty.. but the Pop Century is more DIsney!

I would choose Pop Century over any moderate resort even if they were all the same price. Honestly! The moderate resorts to me are just blah.. they may look a little nicer.. but theres no magic to them. To me, i want to feel like im in disney world.. and when your at the Pop Century you know your at Disney.. absolutely huge mickey statue, etc. Being at the French Quarter may be nice for my grandmom or soemthing.. but to me.. looking at New Orleans does not feel like Disney.

While I dont like the moderate resorts, the deluxe resorts on the otherhand are so amazing.. Poly, GF, Boardwalk, Wilderness Lodge, etc.. now theres some resorts that are so ridiculously full of ambiance that they become magical in themselves.

I also love the fact that you get your own bus to the Pop Century.. you don't have to make any other stops just 1 stop and thats it.. love it! The arcade there also is the best that Ive seen except for the Contemporarys. The foodcourt kicks major too.. huge with lots of options. A lot of pools and big ones too.. although i dont waste time at the pools. THe bar by the pool is nice.. not big but nice to stop by if you have time.

Anyway.. so to answer your question, I would get a preferred room at the Pop Century over any moderate resort.. including the French Quarter.

Upvote 0

optjay

Well, the many times ive done solo trips I found the value resorts do the trick.
All I was looking for was the on property bed.
Though now that im a older... the less kids might be better

Upvote 0

macsmom

I'm going in October by myself and staying at the Pop. We were there this past October and though there were lots of kids with it being Halloween, the noise levels were nowhere near what I thought they would be or were told they might be. We never heard noise in our rooms except for the music and since I listen to oldies, it didn't matter a bit. The above poster is correct with feeling the Disney Magic surrounding you. I loved the resort.

danna

Upvote 0

palmage

It's only my opinion and I know a lot of people love value hotels.
With that said the Pop (and for that matter all value hotels) is a Motel 6 with big fiber glass things in the yard.
Go with the French Quarter. It has such a great atmosphere, and so relaxing.

Upvote 0

littledebbie

Splurge on yourself and stay at the French Quarter. It's quieter and more relaxing than Pop Century. Isn't that what you want if you're going it alone? The secluded hot tub is quite lovely. At the end of the day, you can enjoy live music and a drink in the Scat Cat lounge.

Upvote 0

s2jrston

It's only my opinion and I know a lot of people love value hotels.
With that said the Pop (and for that matter all value hotels) is a Motel 6 with big fiber glass things in the yard.
Go with the French Quarter. It has such a great atmosphere, and so relaxing.

I agree! The value resorts are great for high school bands or large families with no means of transportation. Avoid them though if you want a nice place to stay. You would do better to stay off site for the same money than to stay at a Disney value resort if transportation is not an issue.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom