Pop Century or All Stars

laalaa

Im hoping to go to Disney this December for a 7 day stay.

We are kinda trying to do it as cheap as possible so will we have more money to spend when we get there.

There will be two adults and a 15year old. To save money we will stay in one room.

Are there any differences between the rooms at Pop Century and All Stars? Are there difference between the All Stars resorts?

I gather the rooms are pretty small but its only really somewhere to put our head! However, we obviously want to get the biggest room.

Any help greatly appreciated!

typhoonguy

We are kinda trying to do it as cheap as possible so will we have more money to spend when we get there.

There will be two adults and a 15year old. To save money we will stay in one room.

Are there any differences between the rooms at Pop Century and All Stars? Are there difference between the All Stars resorts?

I gather the rooms are pretty small but its only really somewhere to put our head! However, we obviously want to get the biggest room.

Between the four I recommend Pop Century. They're newer and you can tell. I usually notice less noise in the rooms at POP than the all-stars as well.

Upvote 0

Lanipie

Awesome on your trip!

I've never stayed at either resort but I have BEEn to each resort. Personally I don't see much difference in the room sizes between All stars and POP. The rooms are small but if you don't spend much time in your room, it won't make any difference to you. I am going August 31st-Sept. 6th and we are staying at AllStar Movies. We have 4 adults in our group but we're not worried. We don't spend any time in our room except for sleeping. If you want to save money, and don't need a ton of space, staying at a value resort is a great way to go. You picked a good time too because you can just get in on The Happiest Celebration on Earth.

I like the AllStars because POP is always filled with noisy noisy cheerleaders and sports groups, and it's too far from all the parks for us.

Upvote 0

TTATraveler

In terms of room size, AS and Pop are the same. Pop is obviously newer. Out of the AS, Movies is the newest. I actually prefer the layout of Pop better then AS and found the busing to be 100x times better.

If you can get a room at Pop, I think you'll be happy. If you are going to go with AS, Music seems to be the least crowded of the 3.

Upvote 0

Korita

My family and I have vacation at the All Star sports and movies as well as Pop. Are last two trips to Disney we have stayed at Pop and would stay their again. At Pop you do not have to share a bus, like at Sports, Movie or music, some time you do.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

laalaa

Original Poster
Hotel Room

I have another question if it is not too cheeky!

I see from the disney site that it says rooms either have two double beds or one kingsize bed.

As there are 3 of us going we need a two bedded room, will we automatically be reserved that? Or do i need to check with Disney?

On the booking it will say two adults and a 15year old, so they should assume two beds.

I just have visions of us turning up and finding out we have one bed.

Also, is preferred location worth the extra $90?

Upvote 0

TTATraveler

I see from the disney site that it says rooms either have two double beds or one kingsize bed.

As there are 3 of us going we need a two bedded room, will we automatically be reserved that? Or do i need to check with Disney?

On the booking it will say two adults and a 15year old, so they should assume two beds.

You automatically get assigned to 2 doubles. You have to actually ask for a King room as there aren't many at the values. Since you are 3, you wouldn't get a king room anyway.

At Pop, nothing is really that far from the food court and bus stops so I would save the money and stay in a regular room. AS are set up slightly differently and some rooms can be pretty far (ex: Country Western at Music). Preferred rooms are going to be near the large pool, so they can be noisier.

Upvote 0

kcnole

Since there are three of you, you'll automatically get the two beds. I always request the room type I want when booking to make sure I get what I want however.

As for the extra money for preferred rooms? No, it's not worth it at all, not at the Pop at least.

I do love that hotel. I only stay at it during the value season on the Florida rate and at that price, it's worth every penny. It's about the same room wise as your basic motel 6, but cleaner. Plus you get all the mickey touches, the disney tv (which I love), the gift shop, the park transportation (It's so nice to not have to drive anywhere for a week), and the EMH.

I do want to try one of the allstar resorts next time we go however.

Upvote 0

monorailguy01

Stay at pop, It its a great Hotel and It has it's own Bus system, Unlike all the All-Star Resorts they share one bus system. Thats why I stay at pop and never a all star.......

Upvote 0

natalia1681

I really enjoy the POP. I went there last year and will be returning there on my Sept trip.

I wouldn't recommend spending the extra for the preferred room, especially if you are trying to save $.

Enjoy your trip!:wave:

Upvote 0

wdwordz

We have stayed at All Stars Music a couple of times and Pop this past December. I would definitely go with Pop again! It was very quiet and peaceful. The theming is a lot of fun to explore. We didn't request a preferred location but had a nice view of the lake anyway.

Like you, we mostly just want a place to rest our head. So the real delight of Pop Century is the bus service, which seemed much better than All Stars.

Have a great time!

Upvote 0

gboiler1

As everyone else has mentioned, Pop is newer, but they are all very similair. Let me give you something else to think about. While Pop has only one bus stop, there are more people staying at Pop, so the stops are busier. In addition the walk to the bus stop for Pop from the park at the end of the day is the furthest since it is the newest. We were so tired one night leaving MK and had to walk so far, then wait for multiple buses to get home.

With that in mind, if you decide on one of the All Stars, lean towards Sports, which is always the first stop for the buses to pick up and drop off. True, you do have to stop at Music and Movies, but we always had a seat from Sports. Also, if the bus is full, the driver will sometimes just skip the other stops and radio for another bus to pick up Music and Movies.

Whatever you choose, I'm sure you'll enjoy the Values.

Upvote 0

Pooh For Presid

I agree with the majority. The POP. I agree with what everyone else said but in addition I think that the cafeteria at the POP is better than any other even at moderates or deluxes. The only complaint I have heard is noise, but you are going to get more noise at any value. More kids and rooms more tightly packed. I would not get a preferred view. Do Check Port Orleans French Quarter, with the current discount you might get a room there for about same price as preferred at POP. Regardless you will be very happy at the POP.

Upvote 0

PintoColvig

If you're wanting to go the cheapest route but still stay on property, Pop is the choice for you due to the fact that it is in a different county and has lower room taxes. It will save you a few dollars per night.

Pop is newer and the main hall is far better at Pop than the ones at the All Stars. On the other hand, the theming on the buildings at Pop were just too over the top for me and has convinced me to move on up to the Moderates the next time I at WDW.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

I have stayed at all of the All Stars and Pop Century. There isn't really a difference among the All Stars. Pop is newer and like someone else said...nothing is too far from the food court and busses. I like POP the most and we are going back this year. It's a very nice resort. Where our room was located, we had a view of Illuminations at Epcot so that was really cool.
Also, the All Stars share bus routes so it can get VERY crowded. POP has its own system and we never had to wait long at all so that's always a plus. I'm going with the majority here and think you should go with POP. The prices are basically all the same as the all stars too. You'll have a great time no matter what you choose.

Upvote 0

laalaa

Original Poster
Pop

Thanks everyone!

It looks like pop it will be....hopefully!

Thanks for the tip about the buses, i hated being on buses last year that were jam packed. I actually thought it would be the other way round with pop century having the busiest buses.

We went last september and everytime we passed the bus stop for pop the queue was huge! Although it was always right after wishes or illuminations.

Thanks for all your help, greatly appreciated.

Laura

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom