Pop Century Opening This Year!!

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by DogsRule!
Nothing against your argument...but didn't you just join, as well?

Thank You!!

Just thinking the same thing myself!!! :lol:

Well, about the just joined thing anyway...the argument was pretty weak :)

ToWeroFTerRor67

First of all on the just joined thing if you look closely it says i joined January 2002 Meaning I have been on these boards for at least a year now. Second of all what i meant to do was post again and say i only made fun of Gaston1 because he was my brother but i forgot actually.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Originally posted by ToWeroFTerRor67
First of all on the just joined thing if you look closely it says i joined January 2002 Meaning I have been on these boards for at least a year now. Second of all what i meant to do was post again and say i only made fun of Gaston1 because he was my brother but i forgot actually.

In general it's usually not wise to just throw around insults like that without a whole lot of provocation. (Trust me...I know). And if he's your brother, I would have rather have had you two work it out on your own away from the boards. That way you don't bring other people into a private argument.

Of course, I could be wrong...just my .02

Ok...now the hotel not opening has EVERYTHING to do with the current economic slump. Disney is having a hard enough time filling the hotel rooms they have without staffing and funding another resort that will sit half full.

If you can't wait to see this resort, I encourage you to visit the All Star resorts. They're basically going to be carbon copies of each other. :)

Becky

Originally posted by Fievel

I encourage you to visit the All Star resorts. :(

No, don't go to the All Stars. Go to the Moderates or Deluxes.:D

That way the All Stars will be half empty and I'll get a great rate there.:) :cool:

Ok, so you can go if you want. They are really quite nice.:animwink: :cool:

TURKEY

Originally posted by Becky

I encourage you to visit the All Star resorts. :(

No, don't go to the All Stars. Go to the Moderates or Deluxes.:D

That way the All Stars will be half empty and I'll get a great rate there.:) :cool:

Ok, so you can go if you want. They are really quite nice.:animwink: :cool:

You can get great rates there anyway.

Becky

Originally posted by turkey leg boy
You can get great rates there anyway.

Ah, but the grand plan is to also reduce the number of people waiting for MY bus.:lol: :cool:

5760 rooms = lots of waiting especially if you are at the Movies.:animwink:

Pioneer Hall

I think the resort looks good. Will be a nice change for the people who stay at the all stars.

Interesting that there will be more Value Rooms on property (in two resorts) than there will be Moderate and Deluxe rooms. 11,520 Value Rooms and 11,507 Deluxe and Moderate Rooms.

secretsquirrel

"Value Resort" not a value??

Originally posted by niteobsrvr
This would be a great idea for any park who isn't the leader of the pack. However, in order to get people to pay the higher prices, they have to be able to perceive that there is a value in Disney that can't be found at other parks. If you lower the prices drastically, you start to look just like the six flags organizations, etc.

An extreme example of this philosophy comes into play with luxury automobiles. You never ever see the owner of a BMW or Mercedes dealership on the TV promoting their 3 day only year end blowout sale. It just doesn't fit with their marketing appeal and target audiences.

Disney isn't really interested, as much as we all hate to think it, in the working class family of America that has to save 4 years to come to Disney. Sure they treat people in the same manner regardless of how you get there. But their bread and butter comes from the people who can drop 4 grand plus every year or two on a vacation filled with all the magic their credit cards will get them.

It seems that The ALL-Star Resorts and eventually Pop Century might be aimed at the lower end spender. But when you really think about it, they are still expensive for the average working class family of 4. Sure they make it easier to attain a Disney vacation. This is what DIsney counts on so that as this family moves up the income ladder they will remember the great times they had at DIsney and want to come back again with the ability to purchase even more of the Magic.

I have to say that while I agree that Disney makes it's $$ off of the family of 4 that drops a few grand and stays at the Animal Lodge or the Grand Floridian, Disney cares about all its guests and wants them on-site. The reason is simple, Marketing. Stay at a top WDW Resort, get A+ treatment, but at A+ price. Stay at WDW "Value Resort", get A+ experience, discounted tickets into park and stay at a resort with more character and excitement for the same price or less of the Holiday Inn type resorts. Sure you can get a room in Orlando for $50/night, but after parking, gas and higher park tickets, it averages up to $70-80/night. Hardly a discount, not to mention you don't get the great enjoyment of staying on site at WDW. I don't know how they will be able to fill another resort at this time with the economy and likelyhood of war, but as the old investment saying goes, buy low sell high. Build the resort now, because it's cheaper to do so now rather than when the economy is better. New rides, new movies (except Planet whatever) introduce Disney to a new generation of kids. My kid loves the Disney Channel and he's 3. Name recognition and the "little things" Disney does, is well worth the extra few $$/night. Any family of 4 going to Disney for vacation is not going to be hurt by an extra $10-15/day. If they are, they should rethink making a vacation trip for as many days as they are planning or should be saving until a better day and time.

SecretSquirrel

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by DisneyInsider

Interesting that there will be more Value Rooms on property (in two resorts) than there will be Moderate and Deluxe rooms. 11,520 Value Rooms and 11,507 Deluxe and Moderate Rooms.

I did not know that.

That is a really neat piece of info/trivia - Thanks! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom