Pop Century odor?

jedeye18

Hey all. Just got back from 8 days at WDW. Stayed at Pop and had a question--anyone know why the bushes smell so bad? Smelled like the kennel behind a veterenarian's office, if you know what I mean. My wife thought it was the actual landscaping plants they used, but i cant imagine that, as it was pretty bad. Thanks god we werent on the first floor, that would have been bad.

LilMommyBug

Now that you mention it, I remember that from when we went last year. It was especially bad right near the doors to go into the food court coming from the 80's section.

Upvote 0

Kelsybelle

It's either fertilizer or a Juniper bush because we have them in our neighborhood and it has such an overwhelming cat p-- smell that on a hot day they can be really stinky! (I'm laughing as I type this!) The bush itself is really pretty and great for landscaping but it does have a unique odor!

Upvote 0

macsmom

When I was there last August, I noticed the smell just in one place at POP - the walkway right behind the giant walkman. I walked all around the resort one day, but was the only spot. Stinky.

danna

Upvote 0

PurpleDragon

Yes I noticed that smell at the base of all the stairwells at each building, its like a sewage smell. Its been there the last 2-3 times I've visited Pop Century. I'm with others here, I think its the fertilizer they're using for the bushes in those areas.

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

I believe WDW gardeners choose certain plants for aroma to keep unwelcome animals from wondering the grounds, I've never really noticed the smell, but the fact that I'm at WDW just gets all my senses flying, and I'm so excited to be there that it goes unnoticed. Just my opinion

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom