Pop Century Mystery Building

kcnole

You can only really see one of the buildings from the road. The others are hidden fairly well behind some very large vegitation on hour glass lake. That video does make me sad though because I really like that little resort and I wish it would be finished.

Fantasia freak

well, i have been over there. As bus drivers, we train in the parking lot for our driving test with the bus. They have painted 4 skill courses in the parking lot. and the submarine from EPCOT is over there in front of the early years main building. And on our new system, they do have both side of POP in the system as different routes.(classic or early) just wish i had my camera with me then. spent 2 hours a day for five days back there. but they'll be built soon enough.

ccmuffin2

Maybe they can wait til 2051 and pick a more recent hipper half of a century 2000's - 2040's ....I really wonder what we would all find so enjoyable to want to stay in the 1910's thru the 1940's on a Disney Vacation ?

Kadee

well, i have been over there. As bus drivers, we train in the parking lot for our driving test with the bus. They have painted 4 skill courses in the parking lot. and the submarine from EPCOT is over there in front of the early years main building. And on our new system, they do have both side of POP in the system as different routes.(classic or early) just wish i had my camera with me then. spent 2 hours a day for five days back there. but they'll be built soon enough.

My family and I were just discussing that on our last trip this past April. We were wondering if they would have to share a bus route when they finished. We LOVED Pop Century, but one of the biggest appeals (the very good bus service) would go away if they had to share with the other side. Nice to know there is a separate route planned.

bayoutinkbelle

That was some cool footage, but I want to know how the guy got it. :confused:

We were in the 50s block last October, overlooking the lake. We had a fabulous view of the unfinished buildings. Kinda eerie, but really, really quiet and peaceful. Still, I look forward to seeing that complex developed.

-SIR-

yeah this is my favorite value resort and i really like how its all set up... still it upsets me that Disney hasnt finished the buildings yet... its been several years its time to get things done!

Pop Century

My wife and I stayed there Sunday and the first thing we did was walk across the Generation Gap Bridge not knowing that we'd actually find a mystery on the other side. How appropriate, huh?

It definately would have made more sense for Disney to put up a Coming Soon wall at the end of the bridge instead of a line of trees through which you can CLEARLY see the 00-40 main building.

I think the lack of official information is what makes the ghostly buildings so creepy.

The sound of the wind in the video is the perfect soundtrack!

-Billy

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom