Pop Century March 2017 Never again....

DisneyRoy

Funny thing is, the main lobby stop is not the first stop! The West Depot is. Not sure when your stay was, but I've had multiple, with the last one 3 years ago. And that has always been the way the stops were, West Depot first.

We stayed there 5 years ago. I can definitely tell you the lobby stop was first when we stayed.

Epcotbob

We always just spend the extra $150 or so for the week and rent a car. This allows us to park close to the room and come and go as we please and saves so much time that the extra cost seems small when considering the whole trip. At times I've thought about just using the buses, but then am always glad when I see a bunch of not happy people waiting in line as I'm heading out to the first park of the day.

Todd H

Last time I stayed at Pop it was filled with tour groups and made for what was possibly the worst vacation I've ever had in my life. Since then it's only moderate/deluxe resorts.

Astrotrain

◝⊡_⊡◜
I recently stayed at AoA and had a similar experience, my main gripe was the walk to and from the main building where transport drops you off to our room.. it was a 1/2 mile, so the morning walk just to get coffee was a mile.

I did spring for uber a couple of times. Disney security asked if they could help me once, and when I asked where I could catch a taxi they gave me an earful on how I'd be on a bus before I got a taxi.. then I proceeded to get a taxi while there was still an overflowing queue for bus transportation. Pop century resort transportation was always right next to AoA, and I saw similar things happening there.

RyanP

We were there in March also very very crowded but didn't have any noise at night, I was expecting some but was pleasantly surprised. The buses in the morning never had to wait longer than 10 mins; however at MK on 2 nights had to wait for buses about 45-60 mins other than at MK no long wait for transportation. It was my second time going at spring break and probably my last but I will never say never.

allgiggles

I recently stayed at AoA and had a similar experience, my main gripe was the walk to and from the main building where transport drops you off to our room.. it was a 1/2 mile, so the morning walk just to get coffee was a mile.

I did spring for uber a couple of times. Disney security asked if they could help me once, and when I asked where I could catch a taxi they gave me an earful on how I'd be on a bus before I got a taxi.. then I proceeded to get a taxi while there was still an overflowing queue for bus transportation. Pop century resort transportation was always right next to AoA, and I saw similar things happening there.

We love AoA but would never stay in a Little Mermaid room or a suite in Cars Bldg. 2. They both have between a 1/4 and 1/3 mile walk from the furthest points just to get to the food court and a little further to get the bus stops. Too much walking for us on top of all the walking we do in the parks. We'll only book a Lion King or Nemo Suite. I will say that we've had very good luck with the transportation during our 3 stays at AoA (always in late June). I can only think of a few times that we waited more than 10 minutes for a bus -- usually at park closing when we expect a long wait. I will say that many times it *felt* like way more than 10 minutes, but I kept detailed notes so I know it wasn't. I think when we're exhausted or excited, a 5 minute wait feels 10 times longer...or maybe it's just because my kids or DH are whining about the heat. :D

Erinmazing

If u don't like noise u shouldn't have stayed at a value resort during spring break....

And just bc u stay at a higher rated resort doesn't mean u have faster lines for the buses. Just stayed at AKL and we usually had longer wait in lines. Value lines emptyed before 1 of ur buses would even come.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom