POP Century Legendary years?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Good question. I asked 2 CM's while I was there, and they both said that construction is continuing, but neither of them had a timeframe for it's opening. I know two buildings are complete on the exterior, along with Legendary Hall (or whatever it's going to be called). Perhaps someone who works there, and contributes here in the forums, could help? ;)

Upvote 0

TURKEY

1930:

Lindberg's flight
Gangsters were in.

1931:

Star Spangled Banner became national anthem
Frankenstein, Dracula, and The Public Enemy were released.

1932:

Olympics in Lake Placid
LA Olympics

1933:

King Kong released
Prohibition ended
3 Little Pigs released

1934-36:

Nothing great

1937:

Snow White released

1938:

Glen Miller Orchestra starts
War of the Worlds on radio

1939:

Wizard of Oz
Gone with the Wind
Grapes of Wrath

Upvote 0

Moustronaut

Ooooo hadn't thought about the gangster thing.

So will you be able to consumer alcholic beverages in the 1920's section? :lol:

And will they have air raid blackouts in the 1940's?

Upvote 0

Kermit the Frog

Originally posted by TURKEY
Looks like a cop badge, coke bottle, and a bomb?

That bottom one kinda looks like a rocket to me. Perhaps it's supposed to be one of those past visions of the future like in Tomorrowland or in the beginning of Horizons.

On a historical note, the 1940's really were the start of the space program. The V-1 and V-2 rockets used by the Nazi's in World War 2 would eventually lead to the beginning of the NASA space program. It wouldn't be until May 5, 1961 though for the first American (Alan Shepard) to make it into space.

Upvote 0

Jokercoaster

What about this concept art from the 1930's, everyone forgets about the fact that this game was originaly sold in the 1930's and the names of all the place to land came from actual street names. At the time it was viewed that the game would not succeed when everyone was so broke and depressed about losing money, when in fact people loved the idea of making people go broke even if for fun so I like this drawing alot.
http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/showphoto.php?photo=7934&password=&sort=1&cat=all&page=2

Upvote 0

TURKEY

I don't see why there would be a telephone for the 1930s.
:veryconfu

If the pictures are correct, then the 30's won't have the pool, with the 40's having the badge shaped pool.

The 20's would be with the soda bottle, but it was around before that as well.

Looks like the 00''s and 10's will have the 3 buildings with the rocket/bomb pool.

Upvote 0

Joevn

The "badge shaped" pool I think is supposed to actually be the shape of a road sign, like the classic Route 66 Sign (see below)

Joe

route-66-logo.jpg

Upvote 0

foxfire

I got a pretty good look from my room in the 60's bldg. and it didn't look like any exterior finishing had begun yet..this was the end of April. It was all very, um, brown last time I looked.

Upvote 0

Invero

I have all this information at work. But off the top of my head:

The "Badge" is a Route 66 themed pool.
The soda bottle is a Coca-Cola bottle.
the "rocket"... not sure what that is. I could have sworn on my copy, it was a Life Saver shaped pool.

The 1930s will not have a pool, just like the 1970s don't. Instead, they will have a larger than life Monopoly board.

Icons and Stairwells, and other themes will include Televisions, Radios, Tinker Toys, Lincoln Logs, Life Savers, Coca-Cola bottles, Candlestick Phones, Howdy Doody, Steamboat Willie, and a few other items that are escaping me at this time.

There is currently no word on when construction will resume, or an estimated opening timeframe.

Upvote 0

Woody13

The following is based upon rumor, so take it for what it may be worth. With the tremendous upswing in resort visitation this year, WDW wanted to restart construction of the Legendary Years ASAP.

However, they also realized that some major redesign had to be done so as not to replicate all of the obvious problems associated with the Classic Years. The main issues, of course, include vehicle parking, landscaping and some security/safety problems.

I hear they also wanted to make some interior changes in Legendary Hall as well (again to obviate some of Classic Hall's shortcomings) but these redesigns were considered too expensive and have been rejected.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom