Pop Century Legend Years

col

when i was there over xmas and new year 05-06 i saw a man with a clip board and hard hat on walking around the brown building he also had a fluresent jacket on. so im just guessing that he was thinking about what to do with it!!

on my first day at the hotel after i had checked in i walked around the lake or memory lane and took pictures of the deserted area, i had hoped that the bridge would of gone over to the other side other than cutting off half way.

DClarke977

Take this with a grain of salt but I was told by a cast member who really knew his facts that their was a 5 year hold put on the development of that part of the resort. The 5 year hold does end at the end of 2006 and as long as their is no other holds placed on its development, constructions should continue by the end of this year or early next year. I can not tell you that this is 100% correct but everything else that was told to me by this cast member was 100% correct.

ToTBellHop

CommunicoreBabe said:
I think they may have bit off more than they can chew with "The legen Years" anyway. How do you make the depression era look cool? :eek: Was there concept art for that?
Were you alive in the 30s? It wasn't ten years of non-stop sadness. Lest we forget, it was the time when the Walt Disney Studios really established themselves. I am imagining a 30 foot tall Dopey. Steamboat Willy in the 20s...I think the Legendary Years will actually be much more fun, since those are decades that most of us weren't alive for (which will certainly be even more the case once this resort opens). I would not be at all surprised to see them resume work on this project in the next couple years and have it open by 2010 (only 9 years late...).

col

i was sitting on the bus coming back from a park and some man asked the driver what was going on with the building and before the driver could answer this american woman said "they stopped because of 9/11" and the whole bus went quiet and im not messing then the bus driver said "there getting turned into a DVC area or value appartments with kitchenettes (sp?) but still be value property.

now thats what he said but i would take that with a pinch of salt. but it doesnt hurt to thinkor wonder what it may become.

JimboJones123

col said:
i was sitting on the bus coming back from a park and some man asked the driver what was going on with the building and before the driver could answer this american woman said "they stopped because of 9/11" and the whole bus went quiet and im not messing then the bus driver said "there getting turned into a DVC area or value appartments with kitchenettes (sp?) but still be value property.

now thats what he said but i would take that with a pinch of salt. but it doesnt hurt to thinkor wonder what it may become.

time for a rude bus driver comment!

peter11435

CommunicoreBabe said:
I think they may have bit off more than they can chew with "The legen Years" anyway. How do you make the depression era look cool? :eek: Was there concept art for that?

Yes actually. Here is a piece of concept art that shows what the 1930's (Depression era) buildings will look like. You can see the giant Monopoly board courtyard as well as an old time telephone. Looks pretty cool if you ask me.

popy-med.jpg

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
col said:

I could see them turning it into DVC units. I think a more economical point usage would go over great. They would get alot more multiple trip hits....

disneymonger

Just got back from a week's stay at the PC and got some insider info on the Legengary Years. We had a very educated bus driver on the way back from EPCOT who said that the imagineers were going to be making a decision on what to do with the buildings by the end of this year. He also said that it may be geared towards DVC (like at the All Star Music suites) which would make it the 2nd largest hotel on Disney property behind the All Star Resorts. It is quite an eye-sore if you don't know what's going on with it. While we were there, we did notice some construction surveryors at the room part of the construction banging and clanging around. Don't know what they were doing but it was interesting enough. Makes me wonder if they will make the bathrooms inside the Legendary Years more like outhouses to match the eras! :drevil:

peter11435

disneymonger said:
Just got back from a week's stay at the PC and got some insider info on the Legengary Years. We had a very educated bus driver on the way back from EPCOT who said that the imagineers were going to be making a decision on what to do with the buildings by the end of this year. He also said that it may be geared towards DVC (like at the All Star Music suites) which would make it the 2nd largest hotel on Disney property behind the All Star Resorts. It is quite an eye-sore if you don't know what's going on with it. While we were there, we did notice some construction surveryors at the room part of the construction banging and clanging around. Don't know what they were doing but it was interesting enough. Makes me wonder if they will make the bathrooms inside the Legendary Years more like outhouses to match the eras! :drevil:
Unfortunatly bus drivers and inside information do not go together. Most (read: almost all) of what they say is based on rumors and gossip just like on here.

Also when the other half of pop is complete the resort will have a total of 5760 rooms, which would be tied with the All-Stars which also have 5760 rooms.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom