Pop Century housekeeping in 2022

Texas84

They did not check every day during my last visit at SSR. Unless they came in at 0500 while I was running through the parks.

IanDLBZF

Well in case you all were hiding under a rock, I have some good news!
Disney has resumed FULL housekeeping service at some Deluxe resorts this past weekend and the plan is to expand it to more.

Theory of mine would be to expect full DAILY housekeeping service at ALL resorts, regardless of category to resume before the end of this calendar year.

GimpYancIent

Pre-COVID19 like during 2019 mousekeeping was already scaling back. I remember being asked at the desk if I wanted to forego mousekeeping in return for a $50.00 rebait. Of course, I want mousekeeping, that was an instant declination after it sank in it was not a joke.

Pre-COVID19 like during 2019 mousekeeping was already scaling back. I remember being asked at the desk if I wanted to forego mousekeeping in return for a $50.00 rebait. Of course, I want mousekeeping, that was an instant declination after it sank in it was not a joke.
However, if you didn't opt out housekeeping was just as good as it had always been. I imagine they have received countless complaints over the lack of housekeeping and can no longer rely on the COVID excuse thanks to the lack of the mask mandate. We're staying at Pop in May for two weeks (which I recognize is very fortunate) but will be insisting the room receives more service than they currently offering as it is unhygienic to not clean a room occupied by 4 people properly for 14 days.

IanDLBZF

Well in case you all were hiding under a rock, I have some good news!
Disney has resumed FULL housekeeping service at some Deluxe resorts this past weekend and the plan is to expand it to more.

Theory of mine would be to expect full DAILY housekeeping service at ALL resorts, regardless of category to resume before the end of this calendar year.
And effective Sunday expands to Rivera, OKW, and SSR.

IanDLBZF

Eventually, yes. Staffing up has been slow and Disney can't just flip a switch. They're hiring and training, and new resorts will come online as they get the headcount to support them.

Next big job fair is April 4.
And by next month, the more they hire, the more resorts they'll add. Likely I see moderates getting added next month starting with CSR/GDT, then POFQ, PORS and CBR.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom