Pop Century housekeeping in 2022

BWW

Original Poster
What is the housekeeping situation at Pop? We went in Nov 2020 and there was none except between new guests. We're going back next week and hoping it's changed. Answers for Pop Century only, please.

nickys

Premium Member
What is the housekeeping situation at Pop? We went in Nov 2020 and there was none except between new guests. We're going back next week and hoping it's changed. Answers for Pop Century only, please.
I don’t think it’s changed. You should get new sheets for longer stays but they’ll just be left in your room. You can call and ask for new towels.

Housekeeping at the hotels at the moment is pretty abysmal still. All of the major chains are now catching up and offering daily housekeeping to those who request it and Disney just isn't in a position to because they're so short-staffed still. Having stayed at several (10+) hotels in 2021, the housekeeping we received at Pop Century was by far the worst we came across.

BrerWayne

I was there in September. If I remember correctly, they came every other day to remove trash and to replace the towels.

dvitali

last time at POP I got a $50 gift card for not having housekeeping. been 5 years still have the gift card on my IPHONE Wallet. Even got some money left over from Epcot Food and Wine key chain bobble.

castlecake2.0

97CBC429-E884-44F2-B328-89C1CAD218D8.jpeg

I was there last week, we got light service on the third day, called for extra towels and soap, barely hung up the phone and they were at the door with it. They aren’t making beds or touching any items in the room when they come in.

I know this is an unpopular (perhaps millennial) opinion, but I much prefer this system. I can make my own bed and I like being able to sleep in and not be worried that at any moment they’ll be at my door wanting to service the room. I’ve stayed multiple times since Covid and anytime I’ve called for something for the room it’s at the door in minutes.

Schweino

I know this is an unpopular (perhaps millennial) opinion, but I much prefer this system.
I like the system as well. I never make my bed (and don't care to) and I don't need a fresh towel every day. Shoot, at home I use the same towel all week before I switch them out.

It's nothing against Housekeeping, but I'd rather keep people out of my room then come in and look around/do their job. Maybe I'm a weirdo

IanDLBZF

View attachment 619293
I was there last week, we got light service on the third day, called for extra towels and soap, barely hung up the phone and they were at the door with it. They aren’t making beds or touching any items in the room when they come in.

I know this is an unpopular (perhaps millennial) opinion, but I much prefer this system. I can make my own bed and I like being able to sleep in and not be worried that at any moment they’ll be at my door wanting to service the room. I’ve stayed multiple times since Covid and anytime I’ve called for something for the room it’s at the door in minutes.
Should be worth mentioning they'll do that same service, upon request at no additional charge.

DisneyDreamer08

I was at Music last week. Service was exactly as stated on the website. I checked in on a Saturday. So on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, mousekeeping came in, emptied my trash, replaced my coffee and towels, vacuumed, and one day even made my bed. Of course I miss full mousekeeping but overall, I was very pleased. I saw a few members of the mousekeeping staff out and about during the day. They were always friendly, said hello, how are you, have a wonderful day. I made sure to leave small tips on MWF and of course a larger tip Saturday when I checked out. They did the job that was asked of them very well.

Diamond Dot

View attachment 619293

I've been taking the giftcard option since they introduced it and when I needed clean bed linen because I spilled a cup of tea on it they brought me clean sheets within 10 minutes and offered to change the bed, I was happy to do it myself. I will take the light cleaning this time around, but, apart from getting fresh towels and the coffee and creamer etc replenished I'm not too bothered. I'm there for two weeks and when at home I change my bedding every week, so if I do that at Disney it'll only be the once.
I presume if I take the light cleaning I won't have them knocking on my door doing room checks, I hate that and I think Disney have no right to do it unless they have solid evidence that they believe something nefarious is going on.

castlecake2.0

I've been taking the giftcard option since they introduced it and when I needed clean bed linen because I spilled a cup of tea on it they brought me clean sheets within 10 minutes and offered to change the bed, I was happy to do it myself. I will take the light cleaning this time around, but, apart from getting fresh towels and the coffee and creamer etc replenished I'm not too bothered. I'm there for two weeks and when at home I change my bedding every week, so if I do that at Disney it'll only be the once.
I presume if I take the light cleaning I won't have them knocking on my door doing room checks, I hate that and I think Disney have no right to do it unless they have solid evidence that they believe something nefarious is going on.
3A279F0C-9EFB-42A0-9DC4-49697071FCDC.jpeg

They still do the room check on days the room isn’t being serviced. At least once every 24 hours someone has to see the room. It’s right in the room agreement. I don’t mind, most times I’m out, and when I am in the room they’re gone in 30 seconds.

Diamond Dot

View attachment 620809
They still do the room check on days the room isn’t being serviced. At least once every 24 hours someone has to see the room. It’s right in the room agreement. I don’t mind, most times I’m out, and when I am in the room they’re gone in 30 seconds.
Yes, it is the room agreement I am aware of that, just as I'm aware of all Disney's rules regarding being on their property, either parks or resort (unlike many) but, they always seemed to come when I was trying to get an afternoon nap. The part about the safety and security of the guests is a bit of a joke when we are expected to let someone into our room just because they have a CM badge. There also seemed to be no consistency, older and female CMs would cheerily stand in the doorway and take a quick peek and thank me, I found some young male CMs would come in and have a really good nose and flush the toilet (?) and switch lights on and off. As a solo female I think I'm justified in being leery about letting a young male into my room uninvited, I stepped outside when that happened.
This trip I am making a clear sign to put on my door letting them know I'm in and to come back when the room is empty as the front desk advised in the past.

castlecake2.0

Yes, it is the room agreement I am aware of that, just as I'm aware of all Disney's rules regarding being on their property, either parks or resort (unlike many) but, they always seemed to come when I was trying to get an afternoon nap. The part about the safety and security of the guests is a bit of a joke when we are expected to let someone into our room just because they have a CM badge. There also seemed to be no consistency, older and female CMs would cheerily stand in the doorway and take a quick peek and thank me, I found some young male CMs would come in and have a really good nose and flush the toilet (?) and switch lights on and off. As a solo female I think I'm justified in being leery about letting a young male into my room uninvited, I stepped outside when that happened.
This trip I am making a clear sign to put on my door letting them know I'm in and to come back when the room is empty as the front desk advised in the past.
If you press the guest services button on your phone in the room you can arrange a preferred time for them to come do the check (I love my afternoon naps as well lol). I have had the toilet flush before and asked them about it and was told sometimes they’re given specific things the housekeeping manager wants them to check. I’ve also had them check random lights and bathroom sinks. If they have to do it I guess at least they’re adding something useful to it. Ive never noticed any correlation between certain CMs and how they check the room, every time every cm has gone to the bathroom area and back, but I can certainly appreciate not wanting to be in the room with them. Not sure if you could request that also or just try to have them schedule it when you’re out of the room. Either way, I hope you have a great trip!

UNCgolf

I don't need my bed made up every day, and I often hang the "do not disturb" sign on the door at hotels even when I'm out for the day, but if I'm going to be there for 4 or 5 nights I would prefer they come in and change the sheets/make the bed at least once.

The other issue is that housekeeping is part of the reason hotel prices are what they are. It essentially just turns into additional profit for the hotel, because you're paying the same price but they no longer have the same expense.

DfromATX

I use mine for a month 😂 still smells fresh, why should I bother

I'm gonna regret saying this lol
That's one extreme, but I remember a few years ago, a fight broke out on here because one poster said he and his family got new towels every day (at home too). 😂I try to use mine at least twice, but in hotels they seem to take them even when you hang them back up.

Ayla

You'll still have room checks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom