Pop Century at Christmas Time???

disneygirl1

Hi all, hoping those who have stayed at Pop in December around the holidays can fill me in on their thoughts... Did you enjoy it? How was the Christmas decorations? Did the resort have a holiday feeling? We stayed there this pass September and really enjoyed it. I know that they pipe in the different music for the eras throughout the resort. During Christmas do they pipe in Christmas music? Just curious! Appreciate everyone's opinions. Thanks! :xmas:

draybook

We only really saw decorations in the lobby, we were there from December 4-15th. We were in room 228 I think and the music was the same oldies that I assume are always played.

Upvote 0

lilclerk

Yeah there was only holiday stuff in the lobby. They had Christmas decorations and music in the lobby, but the rest of the hotel was all just normal music.

4177335513_cf00461a48.jpg

4177339627_7ec8a2840b.jpg

Upvote 0

tink65

We were there Dec 12-18th last year. They didn't really have alot of decorations. The lobby was decorated and they had the large tree there. There were also 2 large wreaths on the wall that were very pretty. My favorite though was in the food court on the far wall that has the round windows that look out to where the bus stops are. They had a silver tree in each window that was really, really pretty. These trees were probably about 6 ft. tall. When we ate in the food court we would always take our trays over there to eat. It was alot quieter and the trees were pretty to look at.

Upvote 0

rock_doctor

I will add housekeeping does paint on the room windows, around the main pool, balloons and Christmas themes plus those who stay more then a couple days will also decorate their rooms (we actually bring a small tree, lights and stockings which get hung on the window). So Disney does do something plus the guest do something. The overall feeling does not really change as the place is just too big but it is a nice time to go plus the most expensive time.

Upvote 0

MissingDisney

I will add housekeeping does paint on the room windows, around the main pool, balloons and Christmas themes plus those who stay more then a couple days will also decorate their rooms (we actually bring a small tree, lights and stockings which get hung on the window). So Disney does do something plus the guest do something. The overall feeling does not really change as the place is just too big but it is a nice time to go plus the most expensive time.

I agree with ROCK DOCTOR and honestly, it is a lot of fun to see what the other guests do to their windows to decorate. Some people get REALLY creative. We take time just to walk around and see the windows in the evening when people have their christmas lights turned on. It's really beautiful and a special memory we have to take with us. Fill you mug with a little hot cocoa and pretend it's 30 degrees out. Then go swimming!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

Original Poster
Thank you everyone for all your responses! We are booking our stay sometime this month for our December visit... We are heading down 12/3-12/11. Can't wait! Love Disney at Christmas time!!! Think we are definitely booking Pop and if a "deal" comes along the way before our trip, we'll take advantage of it and upgrade.

Upvote 0

bgraham34

Thank you everyone for all your responses! We are booking our stay sometime this month for our December visit... We are heading down 12/3-12/11. Can't wait! Love Disney at Christmas time!!! Think we are definitely booking Pop and if a "deal" comes along the way before our trip, we'll take advantage of it and upgrade.

you will have a great time. I hopefully will be down there some of those same dates. I will be at Wilderness Lodge.

Upvote 0

todpatcam

Question: we're heading to WDW either ealry Nov or early Dec; when you book this ealry and a better deals pops up clsoer to the dates of your trip can you get the better deal or is it too late? We're ready to book as well but I was waiting until possibly ealry fall. Is there any benefit to booking this ealry? Thanks.

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

Original Poster
Question: we're heading to WDW either ealry Nov or early Dec; when you book this ealry and a better deals pops up clsoer to the dates of your trip can you get the better deal or is it too late? We're ready to book as well but I was waiting until possibly ealry fall. Is there any benefit to booking this ealry? Thanks.

I would definitely book now to secure your room as they do tend to fill up rather quickly around the holidays. And yes if a deal should pop up for your dates all you have to do is call Disney and they will modify your reservation. I actually did this back in Dec '08. We were booked at POP and a discount room deal came out, and I was able to upgrade to CSR (my fav) for $30 extra $$$! My fingers are crossed that free dining for the 4 for 7 deal pops up for early December so we can take advantage of that. Won't mind saving a buck or two! :ROFLOL: :xmas:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom