POP Century and the 'net

DarkImage4

Is there any sort of internet access in the rooms at Pop? We may be bringing our laptop which has wireless capabilities.

Any help would be...uh...um...helpful...

Thanks in advance!

napnet

When we stayed there, there was an ethernet drop in our room with connectivity.... i guess it just depends on your room but it officially isnt rolled out.

Upvote 0

riguitargod

I remember there being a network plug, although I didn't bring a cable.

But I wasn't going to pay for it anyway, it was $10 for 24 hours...

Since I still have an account on my parent's AOL account, even though it's AOL for Broadband, there's still like 3 hours of dial up a month, so I just went on Dial Up... i got charged a 75 cent connect fee from the hotel each time, but over the 10 days I was there, I still spend less than $10 for the whole trip... And I don't need broadband while I'm there... I'm not going to do any downloading, just basic browsing, so dial up worked fine.

My 2 cents on the issue...

Upvote 0

Fido

wdwmagic said:
Here is all the info on internet access. http://www.wdwmagic.com/internetaccess.htm
Hope that helps :)

In that link it says:

Resorts with HSIA:
All Star Movies Resort - expected by 12/6/05

So can anyone confirm it at All Star Movies at this point? I'm going a week from now. Did it get done? I assume you have to bring the LAN cable if so, since I wouldn't presume to be able to get wireless in a room there.

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

Fido said:
In that link it says:

Resorts with HSIA:
All Star Movies Resort - expected by 12/6/05

So can anyone confirm it at All Star Movies at this point? I'm going a week from now. Did it get done? I assume you have to bring the LAN cable if so, since I wouldn't presume to be able to get wireless in a room there.

Yes, I can confirm that all guest rooms at Disney's All Star Movies now do have a High Speed Internet Access port in the room. The HSIA access point is located on the nightstand. Use requires a Local Area Network (LAN) cable. The price is $9.95 for 24-contiguous hours charged to the room account.

Still to come is:

Disney's All-Star Sports Resort --Effective February 14, 2006
Disney's Pop Century Resort --Effective April 19, 2006

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Fido

JPVonDrake said:
Yes, I can confirm that all guest rooms at Disney's All Star Movies now do have a High Speed Internet Access port in the room. The HSIA access point is located on the nightstand. Use requires a Local Area Network (LAN) cable. The price is $9.95 for 24-contiguous hours charged to the room account.

Still to come is:

Disney's All-Star Sports Resort --Effective February 14, 2006
Disney's Pop Century Resort --Effective April 19, 2006

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

Thanks for the info!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom