Pop, Caribbean BR or Port Orleans FQ

daisyduckie

Lots of people have lots of love for Pop, and I don't get it in the slightest. It's over the top garish without the redeeming Disney-ness of Art of Animation. It's like staying in a McDonald's ball pit.
See, I couldn't stand to stay at AoA. It is like someone vomited their idea of Disney all over it, and not in a good way. I always think that if I didn't feel well, AoA would make me feel worse. It is too much!

DonnaBell

I consider POP the best value resort. Small size so less walking to bus and food court. Only one bus pick up and drop off. Food court is large enough to handle crowds. Stayed there 3 trips. Most recently April 2019. POFQ is me favorite moderate. Been there 6 times. Last time was 2016. One bus stop and drop off. Nice food court. Boats to Disney Springs. The only differences between value and moderate resorts is size of rooms and moderates have hot tubs. Value rooms are 260 sf while moderate are 314 sf. Since they have recently put locked gates on all the pools after hours I have stopped paying the price for FQ since the pool hours do not work for me. I used to be able to soak in hot tub before heading out to parks and late at night after coming back. After a long day in the parks when you are tired with sore feet how far of a walk it is to your room matters. We did a split stay in 2018. 2 days at Contemporary and 7 days at POP. So I have seen what the differences are between deluxe and value. In 2012 we had plans to take the 2 "grandkids" to Disney and stay at POFQ. Them one of them goes and wins the Junior Pee Wee football regional championship. We had all the plans made and paid for when he had to travel and stay with the team to play. So we just had one with us and got together when not playing football. Team stayed at CBR. The times that we traveled over there allowed us to see that resort. Its very big. There are multiple bus stops for travel to and from parks. Having multiple bus stops means that after you have waited for a bus to pull up the the stop you are at then it travels around the resort stopping at each bus stop and waiting to see if anyone gets on. All this takes time so the travel time to and from the resorts is much more. Also the buses may already be full when they get to your bus stop. Bigger resort mean bigger crowds at bus pick up and drop offs. They were so frustrated with the bus situation that they rented a car. An expense they had not planned on. We stayed at POR in 2004 and because of the size and multiple bus stops since then we have gone to POFQ instead. My whole goal when I travel to Disney World is to be in the parts for as long as possible. The more hours spent in park the less the cost is per hour. The time that is taken up in getting there and back is a factor to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom