Poor Figment

Nick Garrick

Original Poster
Currently on Imagination & we’re stuck
Going to be walked off.
It’s a cute ride - too bad WDW doesn’t put more work into it.... I feel bad for Figment cute character but not sure how much longer he has in WDW...

correcaminos

Going to be walked off.
It’s a cute ride - too bad WDW doesn’t put more work into it.... I feel bad for Figment cute character but not sure how much longer he has in WDW...
This version of Figgy is kind of crappy really. I'd love to see them redo this ride again and make it better like it was when it originally started back when the park opened. I hope that he doesn't go anywhere, but this version does breakdown too much and is nothing like the original version of what Figment was really like

Moka

At least it’s not the 2nd version of the ride..
But even if that ride goes (which I doubt it will anytime soon really), Figment will likely remain one of Epcot’s icons for a very long time.

Nick Garrick

Original Poster
Figment is currently the face of Epcot. As we know of Disney in the past - they can change that ANYTIME they want to.... I hear there’s a Rat from France trying to take over that spot.... lol

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Figment is currently the face of Epcot. As we know of Disney in the past - they can change that ANYTIME they want to.... I hear there’s a Rat from France trying to take over that spot.... lol

He may fit in with F&W but not other festivals or the overall EPCOT vibe of imaginations and exploration so again Figment is not likely to say goodbye.

JIMINYCR

Whoops, sorry its stopped on your ride through. Figment is a wonderful character and once upon a time HAD a great supporting character in Dreamfinder. That association should be revisited. The attraction has so much potential that Disney isnt developing or utilizing. It needs help and deserves to get more attention IMHO.

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
Going to be walked off.
Kids and myself got stuck on Imagination in July. Started and stopped a couple times then we sat for about 10 min and they had us get off and gave us a fastpass credit. It’s a shame. One of my favorites.

Tom Morrow

Going to be walked off.
Being walked off of a ride has nothing to do with the maintenance and upkeep of it. This is a fairly regular occurrence on all rides.

trainplane3

*Sigh* The "Sparks" Of Inspiration is dying.......It's a shame it isn't getting the TLC it deserves...
I wouldn't say they're dying...more like being sanded down and painted...
Before:
M1Boc2p.jpg

After:

michmickey

I don't Figment is going anywhere but I do agree that the ride needs some more magic put into it. It seems a tad run down and altogether a lacks some imagination. Would love to see some updates and new features added to help bring Figment back to life.

Tom Morrow

I would honestly rather see Nemo changed before Imagination. While a lackluster effort, the current Imagination at least tries to capture the spirit of Epcot. The main ride for The Seas with Nemo and Friends is just a "book report" attraction that belongs in Magic Kingdom. The rest of the Seas pavilion is better, but they maintain the ride as the main focus.

I would say the worst thing about Imagination, other than being significantly worse than the original in every possible way, is Figment's personality. He's annoying and obnoxious, very much a product of late 90's/early 00's children's cartoons. Figment should be whimsical and innocent, not aggressive and in your face.

FigmentJedi

I would say the worst thing about Imagination, other than being significantly worse than the original in every possible way, is Figment's personality. He's annoying and obnoxious, very much a product of late 90's/early 00's children's cartoons. Figment should be whimsical and innocent, not aggressive and in your face.
That's because the current ride is written like angry fanfic about the version it replaced. The story is "Nigel Channing wants to subject us to a bunch of boring stuff for seven minutes, but then Figment shows up to beat the crap out of him for replacing his ride and trying to force him into a cameo". Problem is that designing your quickie overhaul as a kneejerk response to something that ultimately lasted for about two years ages pretty quickly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom