Pooh's Playful Spot Refurb

DznyChick

Original Poster
I know that Pooh's Playful Spot is getting a refurb sure, but what exactly is changing? With the new release of a Darby costume, I thought maybe it would be centered around that perhaps? Thanks!:)

darthjohnny

I would assume if it's only being closed for a very short time, they're probably just repainting and maintaining the playground so it is safe for the children to play on.

rcapolete

Don't know what they are doing but i am very happy that it will be closed while we are there. My ds-4 and dd-2 love play grounds and if they saw it they would want to play on it and not for nothing i did pay all that money for them to play in a playground they can do that in the park up the block from our house

Kristamouse

Recapo, ME TOO! My kids love that area and we have similar one here in our local mall. We spent 1 hour too long there last year, I am hoping to wisk right past!

Lozatar

It always makes me laugh and it is typical of children. Of all the money Disney spend on rides and technical attractions, children are always happiest at the simplest things like a park.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
It always makes me laugh and it is typical of children. Of all the money Disney spend on rides and technical attractions, children are always happiest at the simplest things like a park.

Yep, go buy them an expensive toy and they would rather play in the box it came in....:brick:

rcapolete

well atleast like i said before it will closed on the day we get there and not open back up until the day we leave so i am very happy about that

disneytopdog

YOU ARE SO RIGHT ON THIS!!!!! I work for the Parks and Recreation Department of the city I live in. We spent all this money to build a new play area next to the baseball fields at one of our parks. Next to the playground was a big pile of dirt for fixing the infields of the diamonds. The kids would climb and play on that instead of the nice NEW expensive play ground

natalia1681

well atleast like i said before it will closed on the day we get there and not open back up until the day we leave so i am very happy about that

We will be there the same time as you! I am thrilled, as my nephew would rather play there, too!:lol: Although, looking back, I'm sure there were times when my parents thought the same thing about me and my brother.

My hope is that they are closing it down and putting 20k back in.........

jt04

We could only hope. We could only hope..........What a great day that would be. It was the best attraction at the MK.

...and maybe they can take out Mickeysbirthdaytoontownland while they are at it so they have plenty of room for that new E ticket (or two or three):D

Churro_Jet

They are probably just repainting and fixing everything up from kids playing around on it, or maybe they are doing something to do along with the show "My Friends Tigger and Pooh" with Darby. It would be cool for little kids to be able to play ' in ' their favorite TV show =]].

gsimpson

Interesting thing about a lot of kids..

I do not have any kids of my own but often watch/babysit my nephews, nieces, and other family member's kids and have noticed they really like to use their imaginations so what often happen is they choose a box or pile of dirt because they can imagine whatever they like on top of it whereas the toy or well thought out playground does not leave them room for their imaginations to run wild, they can only do whatever the toy makers thought would be fun. I think that might be part of the reason blocks, tinker toys, erector sets, and legos last so long, there is no preconceived notion of what the kids can do with them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom