Pooh's Playful Spot. Any News?

gboiler1

Original Poster
Today MousePlanet announced in it's Ears to the Ground segment of their WDW Update that Pooh's Spot is looking for a September 1 opening.

Here's my original question...

All I have heard is that the new playground in the 20K area is scheduled to open "around September" according to MousePlanet. Any new pics or news out there?

We're heading down the last week of September and would love to see a spanking new attraction just opened!

Austin1

Threre are Pics. on this site if you do a Thread search. I don't know if I would call it an attraction or a distraction though. Just a stupid playground in my opinion. :hammer:

lamarvenoy

I know the playground is a sour subject around here but I am looking foward to it. My son LOVES "the dig" and the HISK playgrounds and I can't wait for him to play in pooh's area. He loves pooh and watches the show every morning.For a parent with young children its a real bonus.

abe_bb

At first I was thinking "why would i travel from Wisconsin to Florida so my daughter can play in a playground?", but then I realized why... several reasons actually :)

1 - If there is something in WDW my wife and mother-in-law want to do that we don't, my daughter and I can hop over to play in the playground for a while!

2 - we are going for 7 days in september, and have a good feeling that we will be able to see most of what we want in that time (Just doing disney, no universal, sea world, etc). So it might be nice to slow things up by letting her play for a while. Especially before lunch (play - eat - SLEEP)

But I can definitely see where many people don't like the idea of "wasting" the space. Just trying to look at the positive of it!

Chape19714

KumbaRider said:
But a "stupid playground" allows the potential for expansion to the entrance of a future attraction.

Yes, now if only they would move pooh to behind the playground and put Mr. Toad back, we would ALL be happy.

Well, maybe not ALL of us, but most of us.

imagineersrock

I have no problem with this addition. I'm not a kid, I don't have a kid, but I still have no problem with this addition... It is very appropriately located right across from the Pooh attraction, should take up very little of the old lagoon space(leaving plenty for future expansion a.k.a. a real addition), AND it looks like it is being very tastefully done for "just a playground."

I don't see how anyone could not consider this a plus.

GoofyMom2

abe_bb said:
At first I was thinking "why would i travel from Wisconsin to Florida so my daughter can play in a playground?", but then I realized why... several reasons actually :)

1 - If there is something in WDW my wife and mother-in-law want to do that we don't, my daughter and I can hop over to play in the playground for a while!

2 - we are going for 7 days in september, and have a good feeling that we will be able to see most of what we want in that time (Just doing disney, no universal, sea world, etc). So it might be nice to slow things up by letting her play for a while. Especially before lunch (play - eat - SLEEP)

But I can definitely see where many people don't like the idea of "wasting" the space. Just trying to look at the positive of it!

I agree! The playgrounds give you a little break from walking and waiting in line. Plus, my kids just seem to love them! Sometimes I feel Disney is a bit sensory overload for little ones.... this gives them a break from it and also gives me a chance to rest my feet!:)

speck76

imagineersrock said:
I have no problem with this addition. I'm not a kid, I don't have a kid, but I still have no problem with this addition... It is very appropriately located right across from the Pooh attraction, should take up very little of the old lagoon space(leaving plenty for future expansion a.k.a. a real addition), AND it looks like it is being very tastefully done for "just a playground."

I don't see how anyone could not consider this a plus.

I agree.

I am not sure of the scope of the project, but I have seen the tree, and it went up fast.

Although it may open in September (I would think October, but Disney has never announced anything), I doubt Disney will mention it until after Christmas.

My thought process is that EE will open next year, but that is all, and since hte HCOE will be in its second year, Disney needs a way to maintain the buzz and free media publicity that was so intense this last spring.

HCOE Year 1:
Soarin -Epcot
Cinderellabration -MK
LMAX -MGM
Lucky -DAK

HCOE Year 2:
Renovated TLS -Epcot
Pooh's Playful Spot -MK
Narnia set walk-though (?) -MGM
EE -DAK

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
GoofyMom2 said:
I agree! The playgrounds give you a little break from walking and waiting in line. Plus, my kids just seem to love them! Sometimes I feel Disney is a bit sensory overload for little ones.... this gives them a break from it and also gives me a chance to rest my feet!:)

They already have pleanty of these "little breaks from walking and waiting in line". For example....TTA, any sit down restaraunt, one of hundreds of established benches, and last and least Stitches Great Escape.....

imagineersrock

speck76 said:
HCOE Year 1:
Soarin -Epcot
Cinderellabration -MK
LMAX -MGM
Lucky -DAK

HCOE Year 2:
Renovated TLS -Epcot
Pooh's Playful Spot -MK
Narnia set walk-though (?) -MGM
EE -DAK

I never really thought about it like that... But you're right, it is spread out pretty nicely when you break it down that way.

Pongo

Austin1 said:
Threre are Pics. on this site if you do a Thread search. I don't know if I would call it an attraction or a distraction though. Just a stupid playground in my opinion. :hammer:

Other famous "stupid playgrounds":

1. The Boneyard at Animal Kingdom. A well-themed one at that.
2. Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set Adventure. Another well-themed one.

I say...

I'm impartial. I trust Disney to make a successful and well-themed playground only becasue they've done it in the past.

So... I'm not judging it until it comes.

speck76

Pongo said:
Other famous "stupid playgrounds":

1. The Boneyard at Animal Kingdom. A well-themed one at that.
2. Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set Adventure. Another well-themed one.

I say...

I'm impartial. I trust Disney to make a successful and well-themed playground only becasue they've done it in the past.

So... I'm not judging it until it comes.

Anything to keep the screaming kids happy and occupied (and away from me) is a good thing :lol:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
speck76 said:
Anything to keep the screaming kids happy and occupied (and away from me) is a good thing :lol:

A large fence around Fantasy Land and Mickeys Toon Town would work wonders....... :lookaroun

speck76

hakunamatata said:
H- gives me dirty looks when I broach the subject of duct tape.....

:lol: :lol:

tonight, bring a role to bed.......hide it, and when she is going to sleep, rip off a big piece :drevil:

(and then stop there, or you WILL be on the couch)

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
speck76 said:
:lol: :lol:

tonight, bring a role to bed.......hide it, and when she is going to sleep, rip off a big piece :drevil:

(and then stop there, or you WILL be on the couch)

He he he.......I better not......

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom