Polynesian

Sari8970

Original Poster
OK, we made our decision and we're staying at the Polynesian. We've never stayed there before. I know that some rooms are closer than others and I THINK we'd be better off closer to the monorail, but not 100% sure. We will have our double stroller for our 2 and 4 year old boys.

I'd love any advice, info, opinions about everything, but especially about the different buildings. I know it won't be 100% guaranteed, but I'm wondering if I should request a certain building.

Thanks so much

Sari8970

Original Poster
Or maybe we're better of by a certain pool, etc.

Like I said, we've never stayed at the Polynesian before so I don't know where it's best to try and be.

Thanks again.

danhoeft

Poly

I have stayed there many many times and it is my (our) favorite, we have found that the bulding closest to the Transportation & Ticket Center work out the best because they are by the monorails to the MK and Epcot, and the walk tot he pool and Ceramonial House is nice to take.

Sari8970

Original Poster
Closest to TTC? Does that mean you can go straight there to catch a monorail to Epcot? We've stayed at BLT the last 2 years so we've either taken the monorail or walked from there.

Do you have a preference as to which building?

Thanks for the info!

olinecoach61

We have stayed at the poly twice and have planned our next trip there as well. We always request the Tahiti building. It's a short walk to the TTC and it's in a quiet area. The walk to captain cooks is longer but not a big deal. Be sure to try the tonga toast! Ummmmmmmmmm!

tigsmom

We stayed in Rapa Nui and it's just a short walk down a nice path to the TTC and you can hit up the monorail (shorter than walking up to the front of the resort to get the monorail).

The only part of the place we didn't like is that everything is not under one roof. Our kids were used to going to the snack bar by themselves and they had to travel the length of the place in the dark, got lost on the way back; we also got soaked on the way to 'Ohana when it started to rain as we were halfway there :rolleyes:

The pools are beautiful and close to each other near the center of the property (if I remember properly) and we loved watching the fireworks and Electrical Water Pageant from the beach.

mpeters

we have twin boys (6yrs old now). we have always stayed at the poly with them. My advice is to ask for Samoa 2nd floor poolside. My kids loved going out on the balcony and looking at the pool. We have also stayed in Hawaii and rarotonga. We always ask to stay close to the great ceremonial house bc of restaurants etc. Its always nice to come home from a long day at the park and be able to get to your room quickly off the monorail and also grab a quick snack, drink. The walk to the TTC is not bad at all, plus the kids love going through the paths and watching all the lizards run away. Plus with a stroller, its not bad for them at all. We chose the poly bc you can roll the stroller right on without having them to get out of it.

Sari8970

Original Poster
Yep, love the monorail and not having to close the stroller or take the kids out. With a big double stroller and a 2 and 4 year old it is so much easier. We are very interested in checking out some other places, like the Boardwalk, but figure we should wait until we don't need the double stroller for everything.

The last 2 years we've stayed at BLT and I love that you can just walk to and from MK if you want, but there weren't any rooms available. I love that everything is together, well sort of. You still have to go to the Contemporary to get food and stuff, but it's not a lot of different buildings and all spread out. That's what makes the Polynesian so confusing to me. I'm not really sure where we're best off being. My oldest loves watching the boats from our room at BLT so I don't know if I should see if any rooms offer views of the marina or if it won't matter because with a standard room there won't be anywhere for the little one to nap and the older one to look out the window.

I'm so confused :confused:

tigsmom

give it a try for this trip. The rooms a large as is the bathroom and that's good with 2 little kids. You can always head down to the beach to watch the boats (no swimming though) and the kids can play in the sand. With little ones it's very nice to be on the monorail. We loved the area of the boardwalk and the Inn itself, but did not care for the fact the kids had to go outside for food and drink. The WL is our favorite place to relax and we seem to end up there the most.

Theosus

I love poly! I want to stay there next time myself. This trip on my MK days I planned evening meals at poly. We drove in from Caribbean beach in the morning, took the monorail to MK, and stayed all day. Then food at night and drive back. So convenient to MK and the guards don't give you the evil eye like when you park at contemporary...
To be fair I only park at a place if I'm eating dinner there, I just park way, way early. Ohana is okay... But Kona is great. Last year our waiter sucked and the morons next to us were half of that problem, but this year our Kona experience was top notch.

JessLG317

LOVED the Polynesian! Go down to the beach at night to watch the water parade. I stayed on the top floor in the Hawaii building with the lagoon view and could watch the Magic Kingdom fireworks from the balcony. When I go in December I'll be staying at the Caribbean Resort but going to the Polynesian for the fireworks. Would stay there again in a heartbeat but my 4yr old wanted the pirate bed. 1 end of the Hawaii building is at the center so it was not a far walk to the lobby (& monorail) and main pool. The other end of the building was pretty close to the smaller, less crowded pool.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom