polynesian vs wilderness lodge

CaptainShortty

IMO Poly isn't worth the money. Yes being on the monorail is nice but I don't think it's worth the ridiculous price. I absolutely LOVE the lobby, restaurants and pool of WL. Plus you have the convenience of the boat which is really nice. And, if you want to go to eat at Poly then you're nice and close, just a double boat ride to get there.

Victor Kelly

Wilderness Lodge is on our list of places to stay. We walked the grounds when we were at WDW doing a visit the resorts day. Definitely a beautiful place to stay.

Voice of Disney sanity

The wilderness lodge is my favorite spot in all of wdw. Unless you spend all your time in the magic kingdom the monorail isn't that much of a factor plus here's one of my special WL secrets I always spring on anyone new that goes with us.... Book the California grill for the fireworks and take the boat over from WL. When you're done with your meal take the boat back to the WL and I guarantee you will get a private up close boat view of the electrical water pageant. ;)

EvilQueen-T

Like everybody else we have our favorite resorts but one of the things that can make a wdw trip feel brand new is trying out different resorts. If you can get past the idea of not having the monorail I think you'll really like wl. With those two great choices you really can't go wrong tho imo. We've stayed at both and love both.

Beuford

Unless your obsessed like us, try a new hotel. WL is nice, really beautiful and gives the great north woods feel. The bus and boat travel isnt as nice as a monorail, thats probably the biggest drawback. Now, if your the type that visits the tikiman site often and longs for a hammock and a pina colada dont do it. You will spend your vacation wishing you were there.

POLY1985

These are my two favorite resorts and I don't think you could go wrong with either one. Since you've stayed at Poly so many times, I would stay at WL. You still have the nice boat ride to MK and it really is beautiful! It's very peaceful and there are gorgeous sunrises over the lake.

durangojim

I love both resorts, but I prefer the room size and the grounds of the Poly to the WL as I find the Poly more relaxing. One other thing to consider is there is a rumor that the Poly will be changing very soon with the possible (probable) removal of the volcano pool as well as obstructed views by the new villas they'll be constructing out in the water in front of the beach. If it were me, I'd want to stay at the Poly the way it is one last time before the changes.

tikiman

My concern would be that by January (as durangojim mentioned) there could be a lot of construciton going on including the main volcano pool could be closed. Some of the DVC construction is going to start in about a week and will continue until late 2015 so it is a guessing game as to what will be torn up or not at that time.

zeebs758

In the Parks
Yes
I love Wilderness Lodge and I think it is a good idea to change things up a bit. You want have the monorail but you will be able to experience an amazing and beautiful resort. It is always good to try something new

POLY1985

These are my two favorite resorts so you can't go wrong with either. We stayed at Poly once for our honeymoon but have stayed at WL three times. Unfortunately, we are priced out of the Poly. For our honeymoon stay we paid $120 a night for a lagoon view!!!

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Im a big fan of split stays. THe WL is the current Mrs Saks favourite resort by a long way so shed always opt for it, but getting in on DVC when its not your home resort is a pain. The Poly we have always paid for and only when I could get offers. One of my favourites. We split a trip between there and AKL a few years ago, and everyone loved it.

SaraJ732

WL you have the buses for transportation. I personally never had a issue either with bus. I would change it up. There is so much to see and do its great to find new things there!

JTT

I'm a monorail fan. I love staying at the Poly when I can afford it.

You will feel disconnected when you don't have the monorail.

However, the WL is great. The pool, the lobby, the counter service and table service restaurants are great. (no tonga toast)

I like the boats and the busses are OK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom