Polynesian vacation club

jcldtrek

Original Poster
So now that contemporary has it and grand Floridian is getting it, how long till they do something with the Polynesian for the vacation club. I'm sure the plans are there and whatever it will be will be huge , comparing how big they did bay lake tower and the Floridian addition.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I am very excited for the layout and cannot wait to stay there and probably add on points there!!

I never, ever thought I would consider buying more points direct from Disney. I always thought if I added on it would be by picking up a resale contract on the cheap. However, Poly DVC is the one thing that could change my mind. I think it will be wildly popular and be harder to trade in for than BCV during food and wine. I may break down and add some points when this thing drops. Grand Floridian started at $145 which is the minimum it would start at and that's hard for me to swallow, but still...it's the Polynesian:)

bethymouse

I never, ever thought I would consider buying more points direct from Disney. I always thought if I added on it would be by picking up a resale contract on the cheap. However, Poly DVC is the one thing that could change my mind. I think it will be wildly popular and be harder to trade in for than BCV during food and wine. I may break down and add some points when this thing drops. Grand Floridian started at $145 which is the minimum it would start at and that's hard for me to swallow, but still...it's the Polynesian:)
Have they started selling GF DVC yet?:confused:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Have they started selling GF DVC yet?:confused:

Yes. Started last Thursday at $145 pp for existing DVC members. On sale to the general public starting June 19th. Price expected to be higher.

New owners can start booking rooms now up for an opening of 10/23/13 and up to 11 months in advance. Existing DVC owners can book GFV at the 4 month mark for the rest of 2013 (instead of the usual 7 month mark). This means that starting 6/23 current DVC owners who don't own at GFV can attempt a trade in.

bethymouse

Yes. Started last Thursday at $145 pp for existing DVC members. On sale to the general public starting June 19th. Price expected to be higher.

New owners can start booking rooms now up for an opening of 10/23/13 and up to 11 months in advance. Existing DVC owners can book GFV at the 4 month mark for the rest of 2013 (instead of the usual 7 month mark). This means that starting 6/23 current DVC owners who don't own at GFV can attempt a trade in.
Sure wish I could afford it and convince my husband to go DVC.:( It's those annual fees that get us.:( Plus, there aren't too many perks really for us anyway.:( That sounds so great! Thanks for letting me know.:)

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Sure wish I could afford it and convince my husband to go DVC.:( It's those annual fees that get us.:( Plus, there aren't too many perks really for us anyway.:( That sounds so great! Thanks for letting me know.:)

Its a bit pricey to say the least, plus the points per night for rooms are roughly 30 to 40% higher than the comparable rooms at BLT so you need to buy more points. Dues starting at $5.41 which is higher than BLT or SSR but a little under the others.

tecowdw

Me too. The purchase price and the number of points per night will be so expensive though!
:(

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Me too. The purchase price and the number of points per night will be so expensive though!
:(

With GFV the points per night are higher than other DVC properties, but the rooms themselves are also quite a bit larger. Basically they built the GFV rooms to be in line with the GF Resort. Poly and CR have pretty similar price points (both lower than GF). I'm hoping the points per night are more in line with BLT. The purchase price will be...really high. No getting around it unless you wait a few years and look to add some points resale.

Disneykidder

I like that the new GFV studios will have a murphy bed...it will allow us to stay there rather than a 1 bedroom, thus saving us points....haha. I also like the decor...I didn't think I was going to because honestly, I don't like the decor at the GF but it is modern and elegant at the same time. The tv in the mirror is an awesome touch! While I will not be adding on points with VGF, I do hope to be able to stay there next summer!! I will be calling at the second I can!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom