Polynesian Question

IMAGINEER JUMBA

Currently, booking next years trip to disney world, and I think the resort will stay in, is going be definately be the poly, due to awesome trip we had this year there. Luckily, we did get a new-look room, as when I got back I understand that at that time there was a very small number of them. Just wondered, I heard that the refurb was supposed to be done by this summer? So by the time I go next year, will all rooms be done? Anyone? Also, when we stayed there we had one with a new headboard and lighting, and they really make the rooms fantastic. I've seen some new rooms without these. By next year will all rooms have those headboards and lighting?

Thanks for your help.

Also any news on captain cooks? when we it be done? And is it still staying as self service,we really enjoyed it last time, and by the look of the menu, it looks like a sit-down restaurant?

Once again, thanks for the help.

IMAGINEER JUMBA

Original Poster
also, we went in february, and it was the perfect amount of people, not too busy, whats July? Im from England, and over here its our summer hoildays, so we always think its very busy! But, what do you guys think?

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

I'm actually leaving tomorrow to go down for a week with my nephew. July is hot, humid (right now it is 91 degrees and 43% humidity, yesterday it was like 80% humidity) and rains for about 1/2-1 hour each afternoon. It is crowded, but nothing totally unmanageable, we utilize FP and EMH's. February is a lot quieter and not as hot or humid.

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

I know lots of folks always say get to the parks early and then leave late morning early afternoon when it starts getting hot, to head to the resort pool to cool off and then late afternoon head back to the parks for the evening. It is definitely you best plan of action. Unfortunately, that doesn't always work for us as we sometimes like to have a morning or two for sleeping in a bit since we are sometimes out very late the night before for EMH. The parks are open later, for instance MK is open most nights until 11:00p when we are going so with EMH that will be until 2:00a and that is why we will need the next day to sleep in.

Upvote 0

Teenchy

Check out Tikimans website as posted early by someone and also sign up for his newsletter/email updates and you will have everything you ever wanted to know about Poly.

From a spolied Disney veteran, I dont think I would ever go again in July, or anytime during the summer. Too hot, too many people. Once you have gone in the off season, we love Fall the best, you cant imagine going again and having to stand in an 1hr+ long line.

I know many families dont have a choice because thats when their kids are out of school. But if you have the luxury of picking anytime to visit, I would avoid July & August.

Upvote 0

alya922

The Polynesian is my all-time favorite resort! Have a wonderful time! Make sure you check out the Electrical Water Parade around 9pm every night. You can see it from the beach and it's a nice way to end an evening...plus you can stick around and watch MK Wishes from the same spot, maybe grab a hammock and a drink!

Upvote 0

eroyee

:wave: We always go in Jan. or Feb. though we have been in October. the crowds are not bad at all. can get a little cool, though at night but well worth it. I wouldnt go in the summer unless you have to. too hot and humid . the parks close earlier in the winter months but they still have EMH so makes up for some of it. have a magical trip. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom