Polynesian Luau

christopher

My girlfriend wants to see the Polynesian Luau next month when we stay the. I told her how I am not the biggest fan of the Luau. I think its a bit to long and I dont like the food. But it would help if she got more than just my opinion. What do you all think of the Luau? :veryconfu

jcs80

SO-so

Hoop-De-Doo is much better. Food at luau is only so-so, and it can get quite warm at the luau. Show at the Hoop-De-Doo is the best at WDW.

Upvote 0

jcs80

Hoop-De-Doo

Hoop-De-Doo Revue is located at the Fort Wilderness Campgrounds. It is an old fashioned comedy-musical revue, themed from frontier days. A lot of audience participation, music, corny jokes...a truly great evening of entertainment, food and fun. We had been to WDW several times before going to Hoop-De-Doo, now we include it on every trip. Great for every one in the whole family. A MUST SEE show!

Upvote 0

Kellylynn322

Skip the Luau and go with the Hoop-De-Doo.

It was much better and the food is better and more mainstream. It seems to have something for everybody to eat.

Enjoy your stay

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

All right...It's time for me to say what I say in all these discussions...

If you want the Luau but not all the actual show go to Ohana. I recommend eating there over the Luau. You save about 30 dollars per person, and the food is practically the same. You also aren't restricted to sitting in the area for the 2+ hours. You can eat and leave whenever you want.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Both Dinner Shows cost 47.80 plus tax for an adult, and 24.81 plus tax for a child.

Seatings should be made as soon as possible since that is how seating is determined. The sooner you make your reservation, the closer to the stage you will be.

Upvote 0

Cheryl

Wow, if the luau is 2 1/2 hours long, I'd hate to be a toddler who has too much energy! Maybe it's something that we don't want to go to with him! Plus I doubt there would be too much that he would enjoy eating. He wanted to see them twirl the fire but reading these posts, I think maybe he's just too young for it!

Disney has such a "at home" feeling.

Cheryl

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by Cheryl
Wow, if the luau is 2 1/2 hours long, I'd hate to be a toddler who has too much energy! Maybe it's something that we don't want to go to with him! Plus I doubt there would be too much that he would enjoy eating. He wanted to see them twirl the fire but reading these posts, I think maybe he's just too young for it!

Disney has such a "at home" feeling.

Cheryl

Here is where my advice comes in...

Take him to Ohana. They have a bunch of activities for kids (coconut races and such). Also if he wants to see fire twirling, the guy who does it at the Luau is also the fire twirler for the Festival of the Lion King Show in Animal Kingdom. So he will get to see fire twirling anyway.

Upvote 0

pooh&eyore

The Hoop Dee Doo is much better. It is more of an interactive show with audience participation. Also the food is so much better and the place is airconditioned. the only thing is that it is tougher to get to Fort Wilderness than it is to get to the Polynesian.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by pooh&eyore
The Hoop Dee Doo is much better. It is more of an interactive show with audience participation. Also the food is so much better and the place is airconditioned. the only thing is that it is tougher to get to Fort Wilderness than it is to get to the Polynesian.

It really isn't any harder to get to Fort Wilderness than Polynesian. All you have to do is go to the Magic Kingdom and take the boat to Fort Wilderness. Or if you have a car it is practically the same thing to drive there.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom