Polynesian guest check at pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

awilliams4

In the middle of the four greatest theme parks in the world, and I'm befuddled at the people who decide to take part in an activity they could do at their local YMCA.

Like the rule though. They've been doing this in Vegas for years.

During one of our two trips this summer, we aren't going to the Theme Parks at all.

We plan to dine at the resorts:

a. Rent some watercraft, I could do this at the local lake.
b. Golf, I could do this at the local country club.
c. Shop, I could do this at the local mall.
d. Sleep in, I could do this at home.
e. And yes, we plan to pool hop from BLT over to the Poly to swim a bit. But we are allowed to as DVC members.

Not so sure what is so befuddling about my plans.

awilliams4

I never understood why someone would want to pool hop. It seems a lot more work than its worth. You would have to board a bus to a theme park or downtown Disney and then take the bus to the resort you want to pool hop. Then, after being in the pool, you would have to find a place to change into some dry clothes then take the bus to A theme park or down town Disney to baord the bus to your resort. Why not visit one of the water parks?

Actually this isn't the case. When we pool hop at Poly, we leave our villa at BLT, take the monorail over to Poly, shop, trade pins, check out the beach, swim, get out, dry off then take the monorail back to our room. When staying on site using points you are allowed to pool hop to certain pools. Poly is one of them.

captainkidd

Actually this isn't the case. When we pool hop at Poly, we leave our villa at BLT, take the monorail over to Poly, shop, trade pins, check out the beach, swim, get out, dry off then take the monorail back to our room. When staying on site using points you are allowed to pool hop to certain pools. Poly is one of them.

That's fine, as the rules allow it. But if the rules don't aloow something, don't do it. Period.

stratman50th

During one of our two trips this summer, we aren't going to the Theme Parks at all.

We plan to dine at the resorts:

a. Rent some watercraft, I could do this at the local lake.
b. Golf, I could do this at the local country club.
c. Shop, I could do this at the local mall.
d. Sleep in, I could do this at home.
e. And yes, we plan to pool hop from BLT over to the Poly to swim a bit. But we are allowed to as DVC members.

Not so sure what is so befuddling about my plans.
:eek: Why, how could you!!!!

Everyone who goes to DW should all partake the same way.
it's like a law, or a rule or something.

Brian Noble

my family simply cant afford to stay at a deluxe hotel. heck, we can barely afford to go to Disney when we do. so when we go, we often take a "resort day" as a break form the normal madness. we'll normally go to a deluxe resort, have dinner there, walk around, and maybe take a dip in the pool. i dont see it as such a big deal/problem:shrug:

It's a problem because Disney owns the pool, and they don't allow it. It's really that simple.

Epcotdad

That's fine, as the rules allow it. But if the rules don't aloow something, don't do it. Period.

So let me get this straight, if the speed limit sign says 55 no one here that is against pool hopping goes 56. Is it that breaking the rules and a far more dangereous one. Hey if your pool is crowed from pool hoppers just do as we do, hop to another one

rreading

So let me get this straight, if the speed limit sign says 55 no one here that is against pool hopping goes 56. Is it that breaking the rules and a far more dangereous one. Hey if your pool is crowed from pool hoppers just do as we do, hop to another one

Wow! I hope that this is sarcastic. Really?!!! Because we paid $300/night for a great hotel/pool, we need to "hop to another one" since other people want to use ours?

ProfSlim

Do you know if it's good for length of stay, or do you have to do the wrist band drill every day? I guess every day only because a wrist band would be like a key, you could just hang on to it and reuse it.

You could certainly leave your wristband on and not take it off for the length of your stay (as the wristband color was the same each day)...but no matter your length of stay, if you didn;t have a wristband on, they asked, each day....

Epcotdad

Wow! I hope that this is sarcastic. Really?!!! Because we paid $300/night for a great hotel/pool, we need to "hop to another one" since other people want to use ours?

Actually the last comment was an attempt at humor. The first half of the statement I meant. Don't I pay well over 300 dollars of safe streets and people still drive over the speed limit. Its funny how people on the thread decide on what rules everyone should follow.

captainkidd

I'm against pool hopping because it's damn rude.

captainkidd

Actually the last comment was an attempt at humor. The first half of the statement I meant. Don't I pay well over 300 dollars of safe streets and people still drive over the speed limit. Its funny how people on the thread decide on what rules everyone should follow.

Please - Don't get me started on what we pay for taxes and where it goes. I live in Massachusetts. You won't get any sympathy from me on that one.

Pool hopping is like smoking in a non-designated area - It's rude, disturbing to other guests and therefore should not be done.

Epcotdad

Please - Don't get me started on what we pay for taxes and where it goes. I live in Massachusetts. You won't get any sympathy from me on that one.

Pool hopping is like smoking in a non-designated area - It's rude, disturbing to other guests and therefore should not be done.

Pool hopping is nothing like smoking it is not even in the same ball park. Second hand smoke can kill someone. And the way I see it if anyone really has a problem with it they can ask me to leave, but until then see you at the top of the volcano

Epcotdad

Not asking for your sympathy, just stating that they are rules that everyone follows and there the ones that people ignore.

I think it's a great idea. As far as I'm concerned, all the resorts should check to make sure guests that are using the pools are staying at that resort. If you want to use the amenities at a certain resort then pay to stay there. If you can't afford it then skip a year or two or 5, if it's that important to you. I can't imagine why you would think you could use a hotel's pool that you aren't staying at. I guess it just goes with that modern ridiculous mentality of I'm special and entitled.

captainkidd

Pool hopping is nothing like smoking it is not even in the same ball park. Second hand smoke can kill someone. And the way I see it if anyone really has a problem with it they can ask me to leave, but until then see you at the top of the volcano

Since they're now checking ID's, we'll see you at the top of the volcano if you're paying to stay at the Polynesian. Otherwise, I don't think so.

Although from the tone of your posts, you'd find a way to cheat the system. It's so funny reading how people try to justify doing something that is wrong.

And for the record, overcrowding in a pool can kill someone. There's a reason all pools have a limit as to how many people are allowed in there. But again, I'm sure you'll have your reasons as to why that shouldn't apply to you.

dave&di

okay so i guess ill be the devils advocate here, since everyone else seems to be in agreement.

my family simply cant afford to stay at a deluxe hotel. heck, we can barely afford to go to Disney when we do. so when we go, we often take a "resort day" as a break form the normal madness. we'll normally go to a deluxe resort, have dinner there, walk around, and maybe take a dip in the pool. i dont see it as such a big deal/problem:shrug:

We spend 2 years saving to stay at a Deluxe Resort, why should we not be able to use the pool we have paid good money for because of trespassers, you haven't paid for the priviledge. Use the pool you have paid for.

My neighbour has better grass in their garden, mines a bit patchy, they also have a nice summer house, I have a shed, they also have a better picnic table than me, shall I sneak over and enjoy their amenities? No. :hammer:

captainkidd

My neighbour has better grass in their garden, mines a bit patchy, they also have a nice summer house, I have a shed, they also have a better picnic table than me, shall I sneak over and enjoy their amenities? No. :hammer:

Absolutely. I think I'll go down the street and take my neighbor's car out for a drive as well. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom