Polynesian East Pool Refurb

Biff215

Original Poster
Although this was announced a while back as beginning in April, it will be officially closing tomorrow, July 13. We are here at the Poly now and received a message in the room yesterday. Since Tokelau is now open, you may want to request to stay away from the pool side if you don't want to look at the construction. Fortunately we are changing resorts tomorrow since we are currently on that side, but with a great castle view. The resort really looks great!

HauntedMansionFLA

Although this was announced a while back as beginning in April, it will be officially closing tomorrow, July 13. We are here at the Poly now and received a message in the room yesterday. Since Tokelau is now open, you may want to request to stay away from the pool side if you don't want to look at the construction. Fortunately we are changing resorts tomorrow since we are currently on that side, but with a great castle view. The resort really looks great!
How does the resort look with the updates? Transportation to the parks?

Biff215

Original Poster
IMO the resort looks better than ever. I also miss the old lobby, but have come to really like the changes. The DVC buildings really came out nice.

Transportation has been good, the monorail has actually been the least dependable. It went down on Saturday afternoon and was still down by 10:00 that night. This is really tough when you're assuming you can take a quick ride to the MK or monorail resort, but there were storms and it does happen obviously.

Really enjoyed our stay here, might be tough transferring over to our beloved Beach Club!

Biff215

Original Poster
Woke up to a complete construction zone yesterday at the Poly. I'm sure it will be better once they get it walled off, but we were glad we were leaving. At one point, they had nearly every path to the Great Ceremonial House blocked. I'm sure the improvements will be great, but the volcano pool is going to have some serious overcrowding issues in these hot months. It's funny, we actually thought Stormalong Bay seemed quiet yesterday after leaving the Poly!

Of course our room here at BCV hasn't been touched yet so the Poly puts it to shame. Also hard to give up that split bathroom! But with the pool and quick walk into Epcot, we feel like we got the best of both worlds this trip.

aw14

We are at poly starting 8/20, so while I am sure this will still be ongoing, I am hopeful it wont be too much. We are in the Club Level building, so I think we should be far enough removed.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
We are at poly starting 8/20, so while I am sure this will still be ongoing, I am hopeful it wont be too much. We are in the Club Level building, so I think we should be far enough removed.
Just a head's up...the garden view rooms in Hawaii (club building) overlook the quiet pool area. If you are on the lagoon side, the construction will only have minimal impact on your stay.

aw14

Just a head's up...the garden view rooms in Hawaii (club building) overlook the quiet pool area. If you are on the lagoon side, the construction will only have minimal impact on your stay.
We have a theme park view. Will that be ok?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
We have a theme park view. Will that be ok?
Yes that's the BEST view :happy:.

The main entrance to Hawaii is near the main pool, so if you walk alongside the pool to/from the Great Ceremonial House (for dining and monorail) the walls around the quiet pool will not be an issue. You may only be impacted if you walk to the TTC for the Epcot monorail, depending on which paths are walled off.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom