Polynesian DVC or Tower

IMDREW

Original Poster
Hi everyone, I’ve got a few questions regarding the DVC side of the Polynesian resort.

- Are all DVC rooms refurbished to the new Moana theme? Or are there still a few unrefurbished rooms left? I would not want to be put in an old room.
- If youre staying at the new Tower, are you allowed to use the other pools of the resort?
- Are there any other pros and cons between the two?

nickys

Premium Member
Hi everyone, I’ve got a few questions regarding the DVC side of the Polynesian resort.

- Are all DVC rooms refurbished to the new Moana theme? Or are there still a few unrefurbished rooms left? I would not want to be put in an old room.
- If youre staying at the new Tower, are you allowed to use the other pools of the resort?
- Are there any other pros and cons between the two?
The refurbishment of the studios is finished.
The Tower is part of the same resort. The pools are open to everyone.
Are you booking on points? At the moment only Poly owners can book the Tower, and you have to call to book. Only some rooms have been declared into DVC. The Tower also has duo studios plus of course the larger villas.

If you’re booking through Disney it will be much easier to book now, and will get progressively harder as they declare more rooms into DVC.

IMDREW

Original Poster
The refurbishment of the studios is finished.
The Tower is part of the same resort. The pools are open to everyone.
Are you booking on points? At the moment only Poly owners can book the Tower, and you have to call to book. Only some rooms have been declared into DVC. The Tower also has duo studios plus of course the larger villas.

If you’re booking through Disney it will be much easier to book now, and will get progressively harder as they declare more rooms into DVC.
I’m trying Davids Vacation club Rentals though have never tried to use their services. I’m not a dvc owner myself. I’m hopeful of getting a booking, but from the sound of it, it’s probably not that easy?

nickys

Premium Member
I’m trying Davids Vacation club Rentals though have never tried to use their services. I’m not a dvc owner myself. I’m hopeful of getting a booking, but from the sound of it, it’s probably not that easy?
Highly unlikely.

Bookings opened today for Poly owners, and the queues have been long. So few rooms that people are reporting having to change dates or views.

But you could get one of the Longhouse studios.

IMDREW

Original Poster
Highly unlikely.

Bookings opened today for Poly owners, and the queues have been long. So few rooms that people are reporting having to change dates or views.

But you could get one of the Longhouse studios.
Staying anywhere at the Poly is a dream of mine. The parents are big on new and luxurious, so I thought the tower would be a great middle ground. I think I’ll try my luck and change to the main resort if it doesn’t work out. Bit scared to lose chances on both this way though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom