polynesian beach

col

for everyone whose lucky enough to stay at the polynesian (ive always wanted to stay there) could you or anyone else tell me whether any disney resort guest can sit on the polynesian beach and watch the fireworks from the magic kingdom and i also read somewhere that only polynesian guests can sit in the hammocks (which im not bothered about).

if this question gets answered i would be grateful.

75 days left!!!!!!!!!!!!!:xmas: :sohappy:

Erik

Anyone can use the beach or most other Poly amenities (restaurants, arcade, etc).

I have stayed at the Polynesian and used the beach - used the hammocks, viewed the water pagant, etc.

I have also stayed at other resorts, and walked/rode over to the Poly and done the same thing (there is really no way to tell if you are a guest of the specific resort or not without checking your room key).

Have fun!

Upvote 0

tikiman

I am not going to voice my opinion here but I will just state the fact that there are signs at the beach that say that it is for use of Polynesian resort guests only. You can do what you want with that information.

Upvote 0

bandman

To the OP,

You most certainly can.

If you do a search you will see what kind of argument will break out here if you continue this conversation. The Polyies will greedily try to covince you that it is against the rules and while you may not be asked to leave you are just plain wrong(shame , shame :goodnevil )

Bottom line: employees from the front desk, to O'Hana's manager, and on and on have all indicated that it is ok.

Enjoy.

Upvote 0

tikiman

I hope you were not referring to me with that obnoxious comment about Polyies (where ever that name came from) since I myself never stated it could not be done and I was just presenting the facts. Just because a front desk CM says something or any other worker a the Polynesian gives you a tip about doing something does not mean it is not against policy and yes there are signs posted.

Besides your statement that is probably one of the reasons heated debates start in the first place I would agree that it is ok to go view the fireworks from the beach. I just try to stick to the facts and not always involve my opinion when answering questions but since it seems like my opinion is being assumed than I will share it. I will also add that I would not consider it right to have a family from CBR hanging out in all the hammocks on the Polynesian beach when they should be available for people paying to use those amenities.

Now if someone else wants to fan the flames, be my guest but I think the OP should be able to ask this question with out it turning into a mess.

Upvote 0

bandman

OP: See what I mean....

tikiman said:
I hope you were not referring to me with that obnoxious comment about Polyies (where ever that name came from) since I myself never stated it could not be done and I was just presenting the facts. Just because a front desk CM says something or any other worker a the Polynesian gives you a tip about doing something does not mean it is not against policy and yes there are signs posted.

Besides your statement that is probably one of the reasons heated debates start in the first place I would agree that it is ok to go view the fireworks from the beach. I just try to stick to the facts and not always involve my opinion when answering questions but since it seems like my opinion is being assumed than I will share it. I will also add that I would not consider it right to have a family from CBR hanging out in all the hammocks on the Polynesian beach when they should be available for people paying to use those amenities.

Now if someone else wants to fan the flames, be my guest but I think the OP should be able to ask this question with out it turning into a mess.

Upvote 0

col

Original Poster
bandman said:
To the OP,

You most certainly can.

If you do a search you will see what kind of argument will break out here if you continue this conversation. The Polyies will greedily try to covince you that it is against the rules and while you may not be asked to leave you are just plain wrong(shame , shame :goodnevil )

Bottom line: employees from the front desk, to O'Hana's manager, and on and on have all indicated that it is ok.

Enjoy.

thats all i wanted to know.
someone who gets to the point!

Upvote 0

ssidiouss@mac.c

I was planning on sittin at the Polynesian beach hammocks or chairs etc.. for about an hour just to relax until my 5:30pm Ohana's reservations..

Is that against the rules?

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Disney wants you to use the facilities and enjoy the resorts. The pools are for hotel guests only, but the buildings and grounds are free to be used by any guest. If you want to relax before dinner (or after) feel free to do so. You can watch the fireworks and the Electrical Water Pagent from the beaches & boatdocks if you like. Use the shops, restaurants and lobbys... enjoy yourself. :wave:

Upvote 0

JimboJones123

tigsmom said:
Disney wants you to use the facilities and enjoy the resorts. The pools are for hotel guests only, but the buildings and grounds are free to be used by any guest. If you want to relax before dinner (or after) feel free to do so. You can watch the fireworks and the Electrical Water Pagent from the beaches & boatdocks if you like. Use the shops, restaurants and lobbys... enjoy yourself. :wave:

I plan on turning one of my "VALUE ONLY RESORT VACATIONS" into a poly vacation when I can afford it because I have visited and LOVE IT. More $$$ for Disney -- they can't be too upset about that.

Upvote 0

JimboJones123

tikiman said:
I am not going to voice my opinion here but I will just state the fact that there are signs at the beach that say that it is for use of Polynesian resort guests only. You can do what you want with that information.

WOW -- TAKE THE STICK OUT!

Upvote 0

Melia

I'm sorry - but if people are paying top dollar for the amenities of the Polynesian, they should have first dibs at the prime spots on the Poly beaches.

Perhaps if enough Poly guests start complaining, management/CMs at the Poly will start checking resort IDs and reinforce the CLEARLY posted signs indicating that the beaches are for registered Poly guests only.

I guess there will always be people who want something for nothing and who could care less if they are taking away from those who are paying for the benefits associated with the resort.

Upvote 0

hardcard

Actually... and I've watched the videos WAY too much, but disney advertises the fact that you are allowed to use the amenities at ALL of the resorts regardless of which resort you are checked in to.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom