Poly vs Contemporary

marinad

Ok! I've decided to "pay the big bucks" to stay at one of the deluxe resorts due to my DD (1 1/2 yrs old) at the time of travel - December 07. Would you suggest the Poly over the Contemp, Pros/Cons?

I need help figuring out also, if its worth it to be on the Magic Kingdom View for either.....

THANK YOU THANK YOU

ryguy

I'm shocked too....shocked that you're so positive that construction will be a problem at The Contemporary Resort.

Are you you Psyhic? Can you fortell the future?

The Disney company has had an outstanding record for keeping their construction noises and bad views to a minumum. To my knowlege, they have never failed to build things and at the same time retain the looks and feels and the sounds magical. How is it you can assume that this will all change during this construction project?

I wouldn't have the intestinal fortitude to tell people to avoid the Contemporary Resort for the next two years because of dust and noise unless I was a fortune teller with a steller history and was absolutely sure I knew what I was talking about.

The fact is we just don't know what it's going to be like during the construction, so therefore, in my opinion, we shouldn't be recommending either way as to where to stay or where not to stay on Disney property.

Just my thoughts.

Well if you don't think your going to here noise at least in the begining stages of construction you're nuts. Like I said earlier this is a massive addition to the resort. I agree with you about the fact that Disney usually does a good job while renovating its resorts as far as noise. However you can't eliminate the sounds of demolishing a building or constructing a massive building. Were not talking about little two story buildings like the polynesian. Disney usually renovates little sections at a time, to keep disturbtances to a minimum. Unfortunately this project won't allow for that tactic, it's just to large.

Disney has never built something of this size at one of its existing hotels, so your historical analysis (although correct) can't be used in this instance. We just have nothing to compare it to thats similar. For everyone's sake I hope Disney is able to preserve as much of the magic as possible. Although I think thats asking a lot for this project.

Basically, I am sticking by my point, I wouldn't wont to spend $400.00 a night to be in a active work zone. And if I was a travel agent I would most certainly alert my customers to the fact that the hotel is undergoing a massive addition. Most reasonable people would think that this is sound advice. Recommending a hotel that is completely renovated as opposed to one that is in a state of confusion makes good sense to me. Hey maybe I am the crazy one. :hammer:

Upvote 0
i've always loved the Contemporary because that's where we stayed during all my childhood trips, so... it contributes to many fond memories. But maybe that's just me. It can seem very sterile if you've never stayed there before, especially compared to many of the themed hotels. But, it has it's charm for me, and is very comfortable. Also, the views of MK are amazing. I can send you a picture via email if you want to see a nighttime pic I took from our room's balcony. (Sorry, can't post it here, as I am low-tech and don't know how to get a URL for my pics.)

Upvote 0

ag2000

I have always loved the way the contemporary looks, the fact you can have a balcony view of MK and the Monorail goes through the hotel but like others say there is no real theme to the hotel and the rooms are your maybe 100 and less motel room. I havnt seen the refurbed rooms in person but from the pics they look real nice and maybe worth the money. HDTV, Computer etc etc. I find the $10 a day for internet crazy, I dont feel they should charge at all especially with the rooms rates and they know you will be visiting their parks. Never stayed at the Poly but its more of a "disney" hotel and Maybe give you a better experience for you and your young child. Why not try asking them??

Personaly I would stay in the Contemporary again and everytime.

Upvote 0
Well if you don't think your going to here noise at least in the begining stages of construction you're nuts. Like I said earlier this is a massive addition to the resort. I agree with you about the fact that Disney usually does a good job while renovating its resorts as far as noise. However you can't eliminate the sounds of demolishing a building or constructing a massive building. Were not talking about little two story buildings like the polynesian. Disney usually renovates little sections at a time, to keep disturbtances to a minimum. Unfortunately this project won't allow for that tactic, it's just to large.

Disney has never built something of this size at one of its existing hotels, so your historical analysis (although correct) can't be used in this instance. We just have nothing to compare it to thats similar. For everyone's sake I hope Disney is able to preserve as much of the magic as possible. Although I think thats asking a lot for this project.

Basically, I am sticking by my point, I wouldn't wont to spend $400.00 a night to be in a active work zone. And if I was a travel agent I would most certainly alert my customers to the fact that the hotel is undergoing a massive addition. Most reasonable people would think that this is sound advice. Recommending a hotel that is completely renovated as opposed to one that is in a state of confusion makes good sense to me. Hey maybe I am the crazy one. :hammer:

I might suspect your a little overly cautious. I would be much more concerned at staying in a hotel that was having ongoing interior renovations or was the focal point of a massive convention when I was planning to go than I would of a hotel with construction outside the actual building. I'm not sure what your real concerns are, I don't think this is a job where they are being forced to complete the hotel in x number of days so I doubt they would add to the cost by working round the clock. And if they don't work around the clock why would I even care if they used explosives to blast holes near my hotel when I'll be in a park during the day they are blasting... I would take the risk on contemporary, but I actually hope no one else does then maybe they'll offer some decent discounts for those daredevils willing to stay there.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom