Poly to the Disney Springs Bippity Boppity Boutique?

We're staying at the Polynesian the first week of May. I was just able to get a Bippity Boppity Boutique appointment for 9:30am at Disney Springs. There hasn't been availability at the Magic Kingdom location. We'll only be at Disney for 4.5 days with 3 kids under 6, plus great-grandma.

1. How time consuming will it be to get from the Poly to Disney Springs, have the appointment and get back to the parks? (Right now, I have an 11am-12pm FP booked at MK).

2. I heard only one person can accompany the child. I know Dad and Grandma would like to see her as much as I do - are we able to take turns being with her?

Thanks!

carriebeth

Since its early in the day, I would think they would be pretty close to on schedule for your appointment time. The appointment itself will probably take around a half hour. The walk back to the bus stop will take a little while. There is a bit of a walk especially when you are with children walking. There is not buses from Spring to the Parks. You will have to go back to Poly and go to magic Kingdom from there. Once you get to Magic Kingdom you have to get to your fast pass location.

While it is possible you will be fine for your fast pass...its also possible you could miss it. Bus waiting time can be hard to predict. You could walk up just as a bus pulls up and its great. Or you could be waiting over 25 minutes. Although they say a bus should be around in 25 minutes or less....we have definitely waited longer more than once. If you end up having to wait 10 minutes for your appointment at BBB, and it takes a little longer than 1/2 hour for the appointment and someone insists on going to the bathroom before getting on the bus and you wait a bit for the bus, the monorail wait is long....it could all add up to you missing your fast pass. I personally hate having to worry that I could miss something if things delay a bit. If the fast pass is something important to you, I would move it out a bit.

I have never heard of only one family member being allowed with the child. We did the MK location in Sept and our whole family of 10 accompanied my daughter at her appointment. So unless it changed recently or is a Springs only rule, I don't believe that to be the case. I guess it could be a rule they only chose to enforce if the party accompanying the child is in the way or other children are being disruptive or something. Not only were we all welcome but various cast members had a blast with my other children while they waited. One of my sons was dressed as Flynn Rider and BBB cast members girls were all fussing over him and having him give them the smolder as they all giggled and gasped over it. The photographer for BBB took a bunch of pictures of my other children while they waited, too.

Upvote 0

DisneyDreamer08

We did the Disney Springs BBB this past September. The appointment took about an hour from the time we checked in, until we were actually walking out the door. We were taken about 10 minutes past our appointment time but we were ok with that as we were running late (transportation getting there took longer than we anticipated). Once you check in, you are brought to a changing room to get your child into their costume. Then you are taken to another waiting area. Then from there, into the hair & make up room. After that, there is a photo room. Cinderella's coach is set up and a photopass photographer takes a few picture (we also took a few on our camera). When we arrived with our 5 year old, our one year old was asleep in the stroller. The CM told us when she woke up, my husband could come to the check in area and she would lead the two of them to us. She didn't end up waking up so hubs didn't get to witness the transformation. However, you are definitely allowed more than one person.
I agree with the above comments as far transportation. You never know how long the buses will take. I will say the walk from the bus stop to the BBB location is pretty far. Basically the opposite side of Disney Springs. It will be cutting it close, but you might make it.
Side note, we LOVED our experience at BBB. The Disney Springs location was amazing, all the CMs were wonderful. We had a great experience.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
We're staying at the Polynesian the first week of May. I was just able to get a Bippity Boppity Boutique appointment for 9:30am at Disney Springs. There hasn't been availability at the Magic Kingdom location. We'll only be at Disney for 4.5 days with 3 kids under 6, plus great-grandma.

1. How time consuming will it be to get from the Poly to Disney Springs, have the appointment and get back to the parks? (Right now, I have an 11am-12pm FP booked at MK).

2. I heard only one person can accompany the child. I know Dad and Grandma would like to see her as much as I do - are we able to take turns being with her?

Thanks!

I just wanted to add to the other replies, might be easier and quicker to take the bus from DS to Contemporary. Then you can get to MK in 10 minutes along the walking path. Whether going by boat or monorail from Poly, it will take longer.

Generally, without specific experience of BBB, it seems tight. Can you push the fp time back w/o redoing all your plans?

Upvote 0

DisneyDreamer08

I just wanted to add to the other replies, might be easier and quicker to take the bus from DS to Contemporary. Then you can get to MK in 10 minutes along the walking path. Whether going by boat or monorail from Poly, it will take longer.

This is a great tip. We've done this walk a few times, super easy, you should definitely do this.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom