Poly Theme Park View

queenie0888

Hi all :wave:,

I have booked the Poly Garden View Room and I am wondering about upgrading to theme park view. Question : Is it worth the extra money and can you see the castle from any room that is considered theme park view??? It has always been a dream of mine to be in a room where the castle was the last thing I saw at night and the first thing I saw in the morning.

Thank You in advance for your help

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
IMHO it is not worth it but I tend to spend very little time in my room so view is at the bottom of the list for me. On the rare occasion that I have been upgraded to a room with a view is has been nice but the added cost has always deterred me from deliberately booking it.

Upvote 0

mickey7879

We stayed for a week in 2007 when I was pregnant with our first son. We booked the MK view since it was our anniversary, last trip just the 2 of us and knew since I was pregnant that we would be spending a lot more time in our room. I've got to tell you, it was worth EVERY penny! Yes, it was expensive, but we made sure to be back to our room every evening in time to watch the fireworks from our balcony (in pj's and sometimes room service!), plus watched the water parade that went by. It was so relaxing and had an awesome view! We loved that we could see everything but yet not be uncomfortable, busy and could just relax and take it all in. Every night we did this and every morning we'd sit out there and eat breakfast and relax before starting the day. In our case it was totally worth it and would do it again if money allowed. We stayed in Tuvalu and yes, we could see the castle without any problems.

This trip I'll be 7 months pregnant staying at POR for 13 nights. Would love a deluxe resort, but since I'm now a stay at home mom, have a 2 yr old, staying 13 nights here before going to U/IOA for 2 nights and Daytona 3 nights, we decided to stay moderate. Cheaper room=longer trip!

Upvote 0

tikiman

All Magic Kingdom View rooms at the Polynesian have a clear view of the castle. That is what distinguishes them from a lagoon view room. If the view is important to you than book a MK view room but keep in mind for the same price you can get a garden club level room and enjoy the view from the lounge while you enjoy the extras you get in the lounge. You also get a better location to the pools and transportation than you might have in one of the longhouses that has MK view rooms.

Upvote 0

kittybubbles

IMG_2325.jpg

example of an MK view from the Poly taken last week

Upvote 0

DougK

Having stayed in every room type at the Poly I have to say the MK view is well worth it IF you are like my wife and me and spend alot of time at the resort. We are not park commandos though of course we love the parks, we like to relax a bit on vacation. The only problem is the price is awfully high, you can save a bit ($40 to $60 per night) by booking Lagoon View rooms, often you still get a view of the Castle anyway though it is not guaranteed. However what IS guaranteed (obviously) is a view of the lagoon, and that is worth something too.

So it is mainly a matter of money and how much time you spend at the resort. If you spend 12 hours a day in the parks it is probably not worth the extra money for the view. Many of the Garden views at the Poly are nice anyway, just check Tikiman's great website for details. If you spend alot of time relaxing at the resort, nothing beats the MK view from the Hawaii or Tuvalu longhouses!

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

Hi all :wave:,

I have booked the Poly Garden View Room and I am wondering about upgrading to theme park view. Question : Is it worth the extra money and can you see the castle from any room that is considered theme park view??? It has always been a dream of mine to be in a room where the castle was the last thing I saw at night and the first thing I saw in the morning.

Thank You in advance for your help
Just my opinion ...

I'd never paid for a view before, but I paid for Theme Park View on our last trip to see what it was like. I was blown away. It was in February, and I swear to you I still get warm fuzzies thinking about that view every day.

It was nice enough during the day, but it was truly magical seeing the Castle all lit up at night, and seeing it from our room. We were in a 3rd floor room in Tahiti, so it was pretty private ... we never closed our drapes except when getting dressed.

Like I said, I still think about it every day. It was well worth the money for me.

Upvote 0

Philo

IMO the only view worth paying for is the savannah at AKL and maybe a MK view from the Contemporary / poly.

I requested (and got) a MK view at WL on my last trip and it was nice, although only a partial, small view and as such would have felt a little foolish paying a lot of money for it.

In the end how much time are you going to be spending in your room? You can see the castle up-close during the day and if you want to see wishes away from the park, just head to the poly beach and enjoy the music which is also piped in (I think).

My advice: listen to tikiman.

Upvote 0

queenie0888

Original Poster
Thank you all so much. I think I am going to go ahead and change to MK view. This is dream of mine and hubby is like 'just do it, once in a lifetime'. My mother in law will be going with us and I know she, my daughter and I will sitting in the balcony watching the fireworks and enjoying the view. I bet my husband and son will also enjoy it. The practical side of me keeps saying dont do it but the Disney lover in me is like go for it!!!!!

Thanks again all!!!!

Upvote 0

DougK

Thank you all so much. I think I am going to go ahead and change to MK view. This is dream of mine and hubby is like 'just do it, once in a lifetime'. My mother in law will be going with us and I know she, my daughter and I will sitting in the balcony watching the fireworks and enjoying the view. I bet my husband and son will also enjoy it. The practical side of me keeps saying dont do it but the Disney lover in me is like go for it!!!!!

Thanks again all!!!!

Good decision!

Upvote 0

phillychief

re: Magic Kingdom View

We stayed in a first-floor room in the Tuvalu building at Poly. We had a lagoon view and could see the upper portion of the Castle as well as Space Mountain. The view was nice but not overly impressive. What was impressive was the Holiday Wishes fireworks we watched from outside our room on the patio. It was a spectacular vantage point made even more impressive with the sound piped into the Poly outdoor sound system. It was amazing and made the additional cost for the view SOOOOOOO worth it. Go for it!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom